Senior Collections Recovery Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Under the general supervision of the Collections Manager, the Senior Collections Recovery Specialist is responsible for performing a wide variety of member collections duties. Communicates with members to resolve outstanding delinquent accounts and minimize losses to the Credit Union and its members. Maintains a high level of member service and professionalism when dealing with difficult and sensitive situations. Professionally communicates with attorneys, Trustees, and credit counseling services to ensure maximum recovery and protection for the Credit Union.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of this position. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Researches and analyzes data on past due and charged off loan accounts including negative share.
- Contact members and third parties via telephone, letter, and email to determine reason for delinquency or loss.
- Negotiates and establishes repayment plans on charge off loans for those with the intention of repayment.
- Uses skip tracing efforts and tools to maximize contact for our members or analyze assets to pursue legal action.
- Evaluates payments being made on delinquent accounts and determines how payment will be applied.
- Responds to members’ inquiries and requests and assists in completing forms and documents.
- Resolves member problems and/or complaints.
- Research account loan transactions to resolve payment errors that lead to reducing losses.
- Reviews accounts and loans to determine if legal action is feasible and financially responsible using professional judgment combined with CoastHills standards.
- Works with legal counsel for summons and complaints, liens, bank levies.
- Provides oversight on legal fees to ensure cost is minimized.
- Evaluates and acts on bankruptcy cases filed by Credit Union members.
- Review bankruptcy documents filed by members or members’ attorneys for accurate filing and discharge avoidance.
- Attends 341 Meetings as needed, either in person or on phone or online. Questions members regarding intentions, location of vehicle, condition of vehicle, the Petition or other Bankruptcy documents, etc.
- Files Proof of Claims to maximize recovery of loans; files or assists legal counsel with obtaining Reaffirmation Agreements to protect Credit Union collateralized loans. Maintains files and performs file maintenance in tracking software of bankrupt loans/shares/members.
- Works with collections agencies to cure or maximize amount of post charge-off recoveries on loans exceeding legal statute.
- Acts as backup for the Collection Officers, ODP Officer and department administrative staff.
- Assists team members to maximize recovery of repossessions, foreclosures, and charged off loans and shares.
- Makes collection efforts in accordance with FDCPA and California’s Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Regularly attends and participates in in-house training.
- Performs duties as assigned by management and may be assigned to work at any location.
QUALIFICATIONSThe qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of five years of experience in the field/related area, or two years of experience with an AA degree.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Credit Union products, services, programs, and promotions.
Experience with computer systems and software.Other Skills and Abilities
Performs duties accurately and efficiently, even with frequent interruptions.
Operates a variety of office equipment and machines.
Travels, attends, and participates in meetings, seminars, and conferences held before and after normal business hours that may require unaccompanied long-distance travel and overnight lodging.
Ability to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee:
(up to 3 hours per workday)
(3 - 6 hours per workday)
(more than 6 hours per workday)
Bends neck or waist
Twists neck or waist
Stoops or kneels
Uses hands to finger, handle or grasp
Repetitively uses fingers
Reaches, pulls or pushes below shoulder level
Reaches, pulls or pushes above shoulder level
Lifts and carries
11 to 25 pounds
Up to 10 pounds
Drives a vehicle
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EEO STATEMENT:
It is the policy of CoastHills to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CoastHills conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by CoastHills where appropriate.
This Job Description describes the essential responsibilities and qualifications of the position described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job.
CoastHills Credit Union
AddressSanta Maria, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at CoastHills Credit Union