Member Services Officer 2
- Posted: over a month ago
Under the general supervision of the Call Center Supervisor, the Member Services Officer 2 is responsible for performing a wide range of banking transactions, assisting members with their banking needs and effectively cross-selling products, services and solutions. Some duties may involve working with members via ITM. Promotes and maintains a positive image of CoastHills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, and skills required of this position. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Processes banking transactions, such as withdrawals, transfers of funds, requests for account information, etc. by telephone, mail and/or Interactive Teller Machine (ITM).
- Opens new memberships and share accounts and closes accounts as requested.
- Responds to member concerns and requests; assists with completion of forms and documents.
- Prepares and processes authorized account changes.
- Processes cashier’s checks, money orders and other services and transactions.
- Ability to explain all electronic correspondence with Access to XDI Portal.
- Explains, promotes and cross sells CoastHills services, products, programs and investment opportunities; cross-sells Wealth Management services as well as e-statement account conversions.
- Proactively responds to members’ inquiries and requests using product knowledge.
- Researches member issues and questions in Base2000.
- Operates a variety of office equipment and machines.
- Researches member issues involving NSF return items and claims of fraudulent account activity.
- Researches account loan transactions to resolve payment issues.
- Uses Loans PQ to assist members with application status, branch assignment and denial reason.
- Provides information to members on loan options, rates, terms and collateral requirements. Informs members of necessary information required to complete loan applications.
- Provides information regarding State/Federal regulations to members when issues arise
- Prepares and processes stop payments/revoke authorizations, check orders, sole proprietorships and
- bank wires.
- Assist with online banking, bill payer, and mobile deposit questions/issues.
- Researches GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection) MBI (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance) and Debt
- Cancellation (Life, Unemployment, Disability) issues that members encounter and provides documentation requested, answering members’ questions regarding loan coverage.
- Uses FI Manager to reset HB, allow access to FI-FI and respond in message center.
- If assigned to ITM, processes member transactions, accurately balances ITM daily balance to Episys balance sheet. Monitors status of ITMs and notifies appropriate employees of issues or problems. Uses computerized systems for member authentication or information validation before conducting transactions.
- Regularly attends and participates in in-house training.
- Performs duties as assigned by management and may be assigned to work at any location.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
Minimum one year of customer service and/or cash handling experience in a retail or banking environment.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Successful completion of core competencies certification and Member Services Officer Level 2 certification within six months of employment.
Knowledge of branch operational activities and basic understanding of lending practices and policies.
Other Skills and Abilities
Successful completion of pre-employment testing.
Operates a variety of office equipment and machines.
Ability to travel, attend, and participate in training and meetings at various locations.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EEO STATEMENT:
It is the policy of CoastHills to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CoastHills conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by CoastHills where appropriate.
This Job Description describes the essential responsibilities and qualifications of the position described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
CoastHills Credit Union
AddressSanta Maria, CA
BusinessView all jobs at CoastHills Credit Union