- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the general supervision of the Branch Manager, the Member Services Officer 3 – Relationship Specialist identifies the financial needs of Credit Union members and effectively cross-sells products, services, and solutions. Responsible for performing a wide variety of loan and deposit-based functions. Researches, analyzes, and resolves a broad range of complex customer issues. Provides a high level of responsiveness to member inquiries by phone, email, or in person. Promotes and maintains a positive image of the Credit Union.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, and skills required of this position. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Prepares and processes loan-related transaction requests, in person or by telephone.
- Actively explains, promotes and cross-sells Credit Union services, products, programs, and investment opportunities.
- Resolves errors, member problems and/or complaints in a timely manner.
- Accurately operates a variety of office equipment and machines.
- Opens new membership and share accounts, and cross-sells products as appropriate.
- Thoroughly understands features and benefits of GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection), MBI (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance) and Debit Cancellation (Life, Unemployment, Disability). Promotes, quotes, and sells to penetration levels set forth by Credit Union.
- Assists members in identifying loan and deposit products and follows appropriate procedures.
- Performs advanced problem resolution and account adjustments.
- Promotes, quotes, and sells GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection), MBI (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance), and Debt Cancellation (Life, Unemployment, Disability) during the loan application and funding process to penetration levels set forth by Credit Union.
- Performs duties as a Membership Officer as prescribed under Policy 1150 of the Credit Union Policy Manual.
- Maintains current job knowledge of Credit Union policies, procedures, and services.
- Makes outbound calls to initiate and process new loan and deposit products from new and existing members.
- Reviews credit reports to identify opportunities and cross-sell additional loan and ancillary products.
- Assists in coaching and development of other branch employees.
- Performs MSO 1, MSO 2, and MSO 3 – Operations Specialist duties as needed.
- Performs duties as assigned by management and may be assigned to work at any branch.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two years of progressive sales and cross-selling experience in a financial or retail environment.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Within six months of hire:
Successful completion of core competencies certification.
Successful completion of Member Services Officer 2 certification.
Knowledge of consumer loans, including processing and funding.
Successful completion of Member Services Officer 3 certification.
Knowledge of Credit Union products and services.
Proficiency in MS Office (especially Word) highly desirable.
Other Skills and Abilities
Operates a variety of office equipment and machines.
Ability to travel, attend, and participate in training and meetings at various locations.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EEO STATEMENT:
It is the policy of CoastHills to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CoastHills conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by CoastHills where appropriate.
This Job Description describes the essential responsibilities and qualifications of the position described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job.
CoastHills Credit Union
AddressSanta Maria, CA
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Branch Support Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.