**Please note this positions is located in Placentia, CA**
The Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the entire accounts payable department as well as directing the staff in processing invoices and payments, handling expense and credit card accounts, and maintaining strong payment relationships with vendors and suppliers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of the accounts payable staff and the entire accounts payable department.
- Oversee the accounts payable process, ensure that the department is running well, and pay vendors in a timely manner according to the company guidelines and procedures.
- Continually monitor the accounts payable process for efficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
- Work closely with the President on check signing procedures and with the Controller on cash flow needs.
- Supervise a staff of one accounts payable specialist.
- Maintain the vendor/supplier files by performing regular audits to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain all accounts payable files, including weekly filing of paid invoices.
- Open, date stamp, and process incoming invoices. If needed, re-route to appropriate department for purchase order matching.
- Code and voucher invoices once proper backup and approvals are obtained.
- Prepare daily check run which includes preparing checks for mailing or overnight delivery.
- Process and code expense reports for corporate credit cards, employee and salesperson expense reimbursements.
- Prepare accounts payable reports, as needed.
- Interact with vendors regarding past due invoices, credits due, incorrect invoices, or other payable issues.
- Perform accurately within deadlines under limited supervision.
- Interact professionally and maintain effective communication with all departments and personnel within the company.
- Ensure that all payables are recorded to the correct general ledger codes.
- Manage the weekly disbursements by planning and allocating cash resources based on vendors’ requirements.
- Perform period-end accrual and account reconciliation processes.
- Oversee the sales and use tax, form 1099, and other payable-related filings.
- Collaborate with the accounting team in identifying cost-saving initiatives.
- Solidify vendor relations by acting as a liaison between the purchasing team and vendors in resolving payable matters.
- Prioritize and handle multiple projects at once, particularly during month and year-end.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, preferably in Accounting.
- Minimum of 8 years of accounts payable experience and 2 years of experience as an accounts payable supervisor.
- Ability to analyze the accounts payable process and identify and implement areas of improvement.
- Strong leadership and team development skills.
- Strong general Accounting knowledge.
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy with strong data entry skills and experience.
- Strong math, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized with an ability to multi-task and prioritize jobs, as needed.
- Ability to work in an energetic, deadline oriented environment.
- Proficient MS Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.). Knowledge of Chempax software is a plus but not required.
- 10-key by touch helpful.
- Ultimate professional, vendor communication, interpersonal, and team work skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT (PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS)
The demands of this job include:
- The physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgement, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment and maintain composure in potentially stressful situations.
- Maintain effective and professional relationships with executives, staff, customers, vendors and governmental agencies.
- Access to and maintenance of confidential and sensitive information.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background checks, drug testing and behavioral assessments.
- Employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk.
- Ability to verbally communicate both in person and via telephone.
- Ability to utilize various office equipment, including computer, telephone, fax machine and copy machine.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving of up to 10 pounds.
Coast SouthwestCoast Southwest is a leading full-service, chemical distribution and ingredient technology company. From six strategic locations, we serve manufacturers and formulators of personal care and household products throughout the United States with high-quality functional ingredients, on-time deliveries, and exceptional customer service.