We are searching for an experienced Quality Assurance Technician Production and Personalization 3rd Shift at our Asheville, NC facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Quality Assurance Technician will Inspect parts visually for cosmetic defects and through processes and tests inspect the functionality of a part or product. The technician may use measuring equipment such as calipers to ensure that a part meets specifications. Technicians use a Smart Scope and a light table for visual inspection of material and product. Quality assurance employees use test equipment to determine if a part functions properly and meets customer specifications.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Review current work practices to identify areas in which quality or productivity could be improved
- Conduct internal quality audits
- Coordinate systems to monitor customer satisfaction levels
- Monitor the manufacturing process at different stages
- Write reports on test results and quality problems
- Identify inconsistencies and discover their causes
- Follow job ticket information for the specifications of product and materials
- Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or other appropriate management personnel
- Work overtime as needed to meet customer needs
- 1-2 years or more manufacturing experience
- Quality inspection/audit experience
- Experience with gift card manufacturing preferred
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
*Note – Offer may be extended without Diploma or GED – Requirement must be fulfilled within 9 months of hire date.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Able to read and understand instructions in English
- Excellent verbal skills to communicate with employees on the production floor and stop the production process when a defect or flaw is identified
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience writing technical reports
- Able to work well independently or in a team
- High standard in computer literacy
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Technically competent in the manufacturing process to be managed
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, speak, hear and comprehend
- Stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis
- Lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus and see colors with acuity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to:
- Variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold)
- Moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards
- Moderate noise environment
Regular work days are Sunday through Thursday. Third Shift hours are 10:55 pm – 7:05 am. Additional overtime may be required with short notice.
A demonstrated commitment to safety is a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Please Apply online at: