Engineering/Quality lab technician to set-up and perform tests for Engineering/quality tests, research and development and inspection related to pressure/temperature switches and pressure/temperature transducers. Responsible for technical functions in support of engineering activities such as qualification, design, test, checkout, assembly and control of Hydraulic and Pneumatic test setups, of pressure/temperature switches and pressure/temperature transducers, or specialized test equipment. Conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect data or assist in research work. Perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Assignments are semi-routine in nature. Work performed within generally defined parameters. Some degree of judgment required in resolving non-standard problems. Normally receives general instructions on most work.
- Design various product testing environments i.e. electrical, pressure, and temperature;
- Performs test at various stages of the production process, including where applicable, prior to final inspection;
- May set-up test procedures, diagnose malfunctions, perform troubleshooting and rework;
- Determines whether product meets specifications as to performance, as controlled by drawings,
- ATP’s (Acceptable Test Procedures), and Customer Maintenance Manual test procedures (CMM), or specifications of either Client or the customer;
- Comprehends and interprets testing data;
- Utilization of specialized electronic test equipment
- When requested, works with production assembly/test training personnel in proper test set-up and methods to be followed;
- Effectively works from written travelers, blueprints, schematics, quality reports and procedures;
- Keeps quality up to acceptable standards with little discrepant work;
- Performs tasks equal to or exceeding established standards;
- Working consistently, overtime as required
- Conducts himself/herself in a business-like and civil manner;
- Ability to react to changes productively and perform other essential tasks as assigned;
Skills and Requirements:
- Applicant must be ITAR compliant.
- Proficient knowledge of industry product testing methods;
- Basic knowledge of electronic, thermal and vibration testing;
- Working knowledge of test specs including Mil-Std 810 and RTCA DO-160:
- Ability to proficiently utilize precision measuring equipment such as: micrometers, pressure and height gauges, temperature chambers, dielectric testers, force gauges, ph equipment and vibration equipment;
- Effective time management skills;
- Attention to detail and continuous improvement focus;
- Manual dexterity to safely and proficiently utilize various specialized equipment, and construct complex testing environment.
- Manual dexterity to safely and proficiently operate company office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, calculator, and personal computers;
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions in English;
- Ability to work well with only a modest amount of repeated instructions;
- Be team oriented and possess flexibility and adaptability.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record;
- Working consistently, working overtime, and traveling as required;
- Be team oriented and possess flexibility and adaptability
Please apply online at: