The Community Wellness Liaison (CWL) perform community outreach in response to health care access needs in Southern Coos/Curry Counties. The CWL serves as a central resource for community questions and referrals for both consumers and providers and is responsible for building relationships with community resources, public health, schools, faith community and other service organizations to identify and develop resources and remove barriers to access health and social services.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain the Coast Community Health Center (“CCHC”) resource list.
- Build community relationships and knowledge of services provided by CCHC.
- Inform and assist homeless individuals with access to services and associated community resources; health, dental, mental health and basic needs.
- Connect clients or consumers to information on publicly sponsored health insurance.
- Work with community stakeholders in educating the community on programs and services.
- Maintain statistics/data on contacts; identify needs, problems, and service gaps.
- Attend appropriate community or networking meetings to facilitate outreach and gathering of information to support consumer access to healthcare.
- Work with local schools, faith community, senior centers, law enforcement, community partners, and employers to build awareness of CCHC’s services.
- Participate in community coalitions and related committees convened to prevent and reduce homelessness.
- Serve as liaison between CCHC and the community.
- Attend school functions/meetings to educate faculty, parent/guardians and students about services offered.
- Gather information regarding health care needs of students, recommend/implement outreach strategies to increase student access to healthcare.
- Attend Community Advisory Council meetings, health fairs and community events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, SKILLS):
- Work experience in community outreach or experience in social services desirable, or ability to demonstrate knowledge of community and school health and social service needs.
- Experience in a customer service role.
Education, Training, Certification and Licensure:
- Community Health Worker certification required or completion within the first 6 months of employment.
- Drivers license required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Understanding and knowledge of Southern Coos and Northern Curry Counties' culture and communities.
- Knowledge of health industry.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exercise initiative, judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Exercise conflict resolution skills; identifies problems, recommend solutions; and remain clam in urgent situations and work under pressure.
- Strong written, as well as verbal, communication skills.
- Exercise excellent time management and independent working or decision making.
- Ability to coordinate with teams, be flexible and collaborate.
- Exercise conflict resolution, identify problems, and recommend solutions; remain calm in urgent situations and work well under pressure.
- Remain non-judgmental in working with an indigent population and maintain confidentiality.
Other: Must possess personal, reliable transportation, active unincumbered, driver’s license, clean driving
record, and current insurance coverage.
Coast Community Health Center