We are seeking a security-minded DevOps Engineer responsible for the deployment and maintenance of cloud-based SaaS solutions and services. This position is with a growing team that will have a startup feel. You will have the opportunity to work on complex systems and backend infrastructure in a customer-centric environment and build quality software that achieves its goals in operational reality.
The successful candidate must have a B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent), plus a minimum of 3 years' experience in developing, deploying, and maintaining Amazon AWS or cloud-based SaaS solutions is also required to be considered for this position.
Company is a leading developer of software solutions and compliance-centric technology for hundreds of customers throughout the US. The company has a track record of success in the custom software, systems and security compliance industries. This is an opportunity to make an impact with a growing company that has already established itself as the preferred supplier to hundreds of customers throughout the country.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a focused can-do approach towards building, maintaining, and enhancing system automation/management while adhering to rigorous security requirements, policies, procedures, and industry best practices.
The role will encompass the use of a broad range of AWS technologies, Linux operating systems, and application environments (RDBMS, NoSQL database experience a plus), with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles.
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential. Some travel may be required from time to time.
Core Role Responsibilities:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining, and managing AWS cloud-based production system to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of productions systems.
- Actively monitoring system logs and alerts.
- Continually enhancing the management of real-time security monitoring, detection, alerts, and reporting.
- Building, releasing, and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products/services.
- Ensuring architecture is built and maintained in accordance with company relevant policies, procedures, and industry best practices.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluating innovative technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security using best in class cloud security solutions.
- AWS: 3+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, ECS, RDS, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation, IAM, VPC, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, KMS, etc.) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on cloud security.
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Linux system administration.
- Container Management: Docker administration
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with SIEM monitoring tools.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure application and resource deployment issues.
DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (RDBMS, NoSQL a plus).
Deployment Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as SVN, CodeDeploy, and CodeCommit.
Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols, routing, communications, and services.
Educational Requirements: B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering or other equivalent technical discipline.
Other Candidate Requirements:
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate in a positive and effective manner regarding technology and compliance requirements with a geographically dispersed team.
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
In addition to competitive salaries and a great work environment within a business-casual office, we provide Health Insurance, a generous paid time off package, and paid holidays.
Why Work Here?Company is a leading developer of software solutions and compliance-centric technology. The company is founded by a team of successful entrepreneurs with a track record of success in the software and systems security compliance industries. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a growing company that has already established itself as the preferred supplier to hundreds of customers throughout the country.
Opportunity to build custom systems with AWS Certified Developers and Solutions Architects.