Therapeutic Mentor / Coach Mentor - Seattle, WA
Coach-Mentors is an organization with a mission to help adolescents, young adults and adults achieve newfound success in everyday life. Coach-Mentors helps clients put into practice the goals they are working on in therapy by providing practical assistance in everyday life between therapy sessions.
About the Position:
Coach-Mentors is recruiting for a flexible, part-time position to work with a mature male with social and emotional challenges who is seeking support to manage the challenges he is facing.
Coach-Mentors provide a positive and therapeutically supportive service through coaching and mentoring and play an active role in motivating and promoting the client’s achievement of their treatment goals.
Coach-Mentors meet clients at home and in the community at a time and place that is convenient. Daytime, evening, and weekend hours are available. Meetings occur in environments that lend themselves to a natural conversation – a place that’s comfortable for clients and practical for the goals that have been identified. They can take place at home, in a coffee shop, park, or while engaging in a healthy, fun, and practical activity.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience with the opportunity to increase with demonstrated excellence.
- You are a mature, confident individual with a positive attitude and capable of motivating others.
- You will be able to relate to the life experience of an older professional male who is struggling with significant mental health challenges
- You are relationship-oriented, have a unique ability to connect with others, and yet have clear, healthy boundaries.
- You have experience supportively holding others accountable and therefore not be conflict avoidant.
- You have experience in behavioral healthcare, counseling, and/or working with individuals facing life challenges, and/or with mental illness.
- You must be teachable, flexible, and highly dependable, with a strong sense (and demonstrated record) of personal integrity and a solid work ethic.
- You must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Why Work Here?
Flexibility, great growth potential, opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others