Coach-Mentors is an organization with a mission to help adolescents, young adults and adults put into practice the goals they are working on in therapy by providing practical assistance in everyday life between therapy sessions or following discharge from treatment.Coach-Mentors provide a positive and therapeutically supportive service through coaching and mentoring and play an active role in motivating and promoting the client’s achievement of their treatment goals.
About the Position:
Coach-Mentors is recruiting for a part-time position to work with a young man with social and emotional challenges who is seeking support to manage the challenges he is facing.
Coach-Mentors meet clients at home and in the community at a time and place that is convenient. Day, evening, and weekend hours are available. Meetings could be after school, before or after work or whenever fits. Meetings occur in environments that lend themselves to natural conversation – a place that’s comfortable for clients and practical for the goals that have been identified. They can take place at home, in a coffee shop, park or while engaging in a healthy, fun and practical activity.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience with the opportunity to increase with demonstrated excellence.
- Individuals with a master’s degree in psychology, social work or closely related discipline are preferred, those who have their bachelors degree, or are in process of completing their degree with several years of relevant work experience are also encouraged to apply.
- You have experience in behavioral healthcare, counseling, and/or working with individuals facing life challenges and/or with mental illness is preferred. Individuals with advanced knowledge and experience working with individuals with anxiety are preferred.
- You should be an energetic, confident individual with a positive attitude and capable of motivating others.
- You are relationship oriented, have a unique ability to connect with others and yet have clear, healthy boundaries.
- You should be experienced at supportively holding others accountable and therefore not be conflict avoidant.
- You must be teachable, flexible and highly dependable, with a strong sense (and demonstrated record) of personal integrity and solid work ethic.
- You must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.