1410 - VTC Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
CoSolutions, Inc. is seeking an AV-VTC Conference Engineer to work onsite at a United States Army direct reporting unit that conducts intelligence, security and information operations for U.S. Army commanders and national decision makers.
- Provides on-site support primarily during standard business hours and/or contractually mandated core hours 0800-1630 hours (flexible) Monday through Friday
- Providing occasional support outside of core hours or on weekends as requested by HQ INSCOM.
- Provide on-site support to: HQ INSCOM Major Subordinate Command (MSC) 780th Military Intelligence Brigade; Alternate sites designated by U.S. Army HQ INSCOM & 780th MIB to execute mission objectives.
- Supports daily mission execution oversight of AV/VTC and Conference Room systems such as “Cradle to Grave” operations in support of video teleconferencing equipment systems.
- Provide support and services in the AV Engineering Team supporting a DoD organization with video teleconferencing services.
- Evaluates room designs and recommends manufacturing equipment for optimal mission execution.
- Architects room designs to support AV/VTC operations.
- Installs, tests, and maintains operations of all AV/VTC equipment.
- Documents equipment installs and tracks property inventories.
- Removes legacy equipment and performs system installation upgrades.
- Modifies video teleconferencing equipment systems.
- Provides on-site support for all DoD AV/VTC operations.
- Provides alternate or satellite site support and/or travel as needed.
- Repairs, replaces, or reprogramming of faulty equipment.
- Troubleshooting of VTC and conference room equipment.
- Performs site surveys, generates Bill of Materials, leads integration, testing and installations of new facilities (conference rooms, huddle rooms, office spaces, etc.…)
- Conducts site surveys to establish AV/VTC systems and equipment customer requirements.
- Provides client consulting and training on control, interfaces, and use of the audio/visual and VTC equipment.
- Drafts Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for VTC Engineering operations.
- Responsible for the generation of, and compliance with customer organization and contractual recurring reporting requirements and special reports.
- Develops and implements metrics capture processes and procedures, quality control and assurance processes and procedures.
- In charge of performing setups, tests, adjustments, operations, and shutdowns of equipment in support of VTC sessions.
- Manager of Systems Life Cycle processes.
- Acts as equipment custodian and performs inventory asset management and accountability functions.
- Provides life cycle refresh projections for AV/VTC infrastructure and AV equipment build out projects.
- Monitors and acts on DoD trouble tickets system within Service Manager Console
- Conducts repairs/part replacement on faulty equipment.
- Performs connection testing and troubleshooting of VTC systems for AV/VTC DoD operations.
- Act as an equipment custodian and performs inventory asset management and accountability functions.
- Troubleshooting systems failures and accessibility problems.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance (ability to obtain CI Poly).
- Current 8570 IAT Level II Security+ certification
- (4)-(6) Years directly related experience in lead audio video support.
- Configuring A/V and VTC Systems.
- Working knowledge of commercial construction methods such as ceiling deck constructions, wall framing, structural engineering, electrical wiring, and cable/fiber installation.
- Understanding of Department of Defense (DoD) and DISA VTC requirements.
- Hands-on experience in documenting design, implementing, and troubleshooting of AV/VTC Systems.
- Producing BoMs, LoMs, Rack elevations and inventory sheets.
- A/V connectivity diagrams and IP protocols supporting A/V technologies
- Experience developing and delivering trend analysis of system load, usage, and response
- Experience performing system security functions (including system security plans)
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS)
- Familiar with AR 25-1 and DoD PAM 25-91
- Working knowledge and experience configuring Cisco Codecs
- Understanding of basic networking and cable termination skills
- Experience with classified and unclassified UP video teleconferencing
- Experience operating AV/VTC systems in a multi class environment
- Working knowledge and experience configuring Tandberg/Cisco Codecs
- Proficient skills in; Microsoft Office
Education: High School/GED
- INFOCOMM CTS Certification is preferred.
- Experience with DITSCAP/8500.2 IA controls (desired).
AVIXA CTS, CTS-I, and/or CTS-D
Extron AV Associate
Audinate Dante Level 1, 2 or 3
CoSolutions is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at CoSolutions