Sr Expert on Oilfield Chemistry (Cementing)
- Over a month ago
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of China National Petroleum Corporation (referred as “CNPC”), CNPC Bohai Drilling Engineering Company Limited (referred as “BHDC”) is located in Binhai New Area, Tianjin, China. By focusing on both China and overseas market, BHDC committed itself to build an international petroleum engineering service company with outstanding comprehensive strength.
BHDC’s headquarter, research institute and international business are in TEDA, Tianjin, while its branch companies are mainly located in Dagang Oilfield in Tianjin and Huabei Oilfield in Hebei Province. It has more than 20,000 employees, including more than 160 technical experts, 1,200 senior engineers and 5,100 engineers. BHDC has a complete service chain, which includes geological research, engineering technology research, drilling, directional drilling, mud logging, cementing, mud service, well testing, fracturing, and acidizing, etc. It has sufficient capabilities to provide IPM/IDS/IWS in China and overseas markets.
CNPC Bohai is actively seeking creative, innovative, best-in-class experts to join our team. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Senior Expert on Oilfield Chemistry with experience in cementing. The R&D expert is primarily responsible for performing research in oilfield chemistry and applying theoretical foundations in the development of cementing advancements.
- Conduct R&D on long-term strength retrogression of Portland cement cured under HPHT, LT conditions.
- Develop oil well cement slurries, including ultra-high density (2.90g/cm3), ultra-low density (1.10g/cm3), high temperature (240°C) and low-temperature (0-10°C) high-early strength cement slurry etc.
- Develop oil well cement additives, including high temperature fluid loss additive, wideband retarder, high-temperature compressive strength stabilizer, nano scaled accelerator, suspension stabilizer and surfactants.
- Contribute to patents and industry publications.
- Forward-looking judgment, interdisciplinary understanding.
- Ability to collaborate in a team setting.
- Published literature or approved patents
- Experience in oil well cementing slurry and additives.
- Self-initiative, independent and ability to lead the R&D research projects.
PhD in chemistry, materials science, fluid mechanics or related fields.
3+ years of working experience in oil well cement admixture and system development in an international oilfield service company is preferred. (is 3 years enough for senior? )
This job operates in a research lab. This role routinely uses standard lab equipment such as breakers, test tubes, flasks, thermometers, and computers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions.
The employee is regularly exposed to hazardous chemicals and airborne particles. While performing duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; reach and pull with hands and arms, and lift up to 50 lbs. The vision requirements include: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. This job also requires the ability to read and understand ideas in writing as well as oral and written communication.
This position may require international and domestic travel. Travel between all BHDC locations and testing facilities is required.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
BHDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Cnpc Usa Corporation
ScienceView all jobs at Cnpc Usa Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?