- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Location: Houston, Texas
Position status: Temp to Hire
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
CNPC USA is a subsidiary of China National Petroleum Company and serves as the North American headquarters. Our goal is to provide innovation, research, and development of new technologies for Oil and Gas Exploration and Production.
This is a unique opportunity for a skilled Accountant with experience in preparing financial reports to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other financial activities.
The accountant will report to the Accounting Manager.
· Conduct all business activities in agreement with CNPC USA’s core values.
· Post journal entries, reconcile a bank account, and generate financial statements for monthly and annual closing.
· Manage vendor information and billing status.
· Post invoices, verify payment instructions; assist in accounts payable.
· Assist in the ERP implementation process.
· Assist in internal and external audits.
· Collect W9 forms from vendors and assist in other various tax preparation.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
· Strong Analytical and numeric skills, understanding of US GAAP knowledge.
· Ability to work independently.
· Highly proficient with accounting software such as Intuit QuickBooks and NetSuite.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Deadline-Oriented and time management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
· Required Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
· 3-5 years of experience in accounting/finance, preferred in accounts payable and financial reporting.
· CPA preferred but not required.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America
This job operates in a professional office environment with prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position is required to travel locally between all CNPC USA Corp. locations.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
CNPC USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
2901 Wilcrest Drive Ste 600Houston, TX
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at CNPC USA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?