Cnc Software Inc Tolland, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
This position is for a servant leadership position as a Full-Time Scrum Master, which will split time between two of CNC Software’s development teams. The Scrum Master will be responsible for facilitating Scrum meetings and ceremonies, encouraging communication between team members and teams, ensuring adherence to CNC’s Scrum process, removing team impediments, coaching their teams towards continual improvement, and helping with any Scrum-specific activities at CNC. They will be expected to be role models in the areas of process engineering, coaching, facilitation, and communication. We will be looking for candidates who are excellent communicators, leaders, and are driven to help others, both inside and outside their teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process Facilitation: Each Scrum Master is responsible for maintaining adherence to the Scrum process on their respective teams. This includes, but is not limited to, enforcement of team rules, enforcement of company process rules, helping to maintain product & sprint backlogs, ensuring all project objectives are understood by the team, and enforcement of any time tracking policies in place.
- Meeting Facilitation: Each Scrum Master will be responsible for the facilitation of all team Scrum meetings. Should they be unable to facilitate for some reason (i.e., PTO, scheduling conflict, etc.), they will be responsible for finding a replacement. These meetings include Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Communication: Each Scrum Master is expected to serve as the liaison between Product Owner, Development Team, and Management to ensure all targets and requirements are met. They are also expected to help facilitate open, clear, and free-flowing communication between all parties inside and outside of their given team.
- Impediment Removal: Each Scrum Master is responsible for being the primary contact for impediment removal on their team. These efforts include, but are not limited to, team distractions, logistical issues, communications issues, team or personnel conflicts, or process questions & clarifications.
- Process Efficiency: Each Scrum Master is responsible for constantly looking for ways to improve quality, efficiency, agility, and resiliency of our Scrum process, at both a team and a company level.
- Team Health: Each Scrum Master is responsible for staying up-to-date on the health of their team. This involves understanding what’s going on inside the team, what the state of their morale is, and what they’re trying to do to improve the team. This also includes coaching them through issues when they occur.
- Professional Development: Each Scrum Master is responsible for furthering their professional development in the areas of Scrum, Team Building / Leadership, and Meeting Facilitation. These professional development opportunities can take the form of both team-based and individual activities and should be tailored to each Scrum Master as needed.
- Scrum Master Team Activities: All Scrum Masters are members of a greater Scrum Master team. In order to support one another, each Scrum Master is expected to participate in Scrum Master Team activities whenever possible. These activities include, but are not limited to, meetings, trainings and workshops, team outings, and any other team building activities.
- Company-Wide Scrum Process Events: Each Scrum Master is responsible for participating and aiding in Company-Wide Scrum & Process events.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum 4 – 6 years’ experience working as a Scrum Master.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification, Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification, or equivalent certification.
- Expertise in process engineering and project management.
- Proficiency in a digital backlog management system (i.e., Digital.AI Agility, Jira, Axosoft, Confluence, etc.)
- Desire to work strongly in team environments.
- Strong coaching and conflict resolution skills, with a desire to help those around them continually improve in relevant areas and the skills to help influence and coach people and teams through change.
- Outgoing, empathetic, perceptive and understanding individual who thrives in a servant leadership role.
- Above average communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate in a wide variety of situations and with a wide variety of people.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite, including an aptitude for Microsoft Teams.
CNC Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgendered status, partnership status, caregiver status, age, ancestry, physical, intellectual, learning or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related condition, genetic information, medical condition including medical characteristics, marital or civil union status, familial status, veteran or military status , use of tobacco or other lawful products off premises and during non-working hours, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.
Cnc Software Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Cnc Software Inc