Assistant Project Manager
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Join the Clune family where you're valued as an employee owner! Clune Construction is proud to be made up of passionate, driven, unique individuals who exhibit integrity and value quality in everything they do. We welcome diversity of thought and life experience. As an employee-owned company, we invest in our people and in turn, our people benefit from a culture of shared fate. We believe this has led to us being the fortunate recipient of countless awards for our culture and ethics, including Best Places to Work, a Top Workplace nationally, and the Better Business Bureau's Torch Award for outstanding ethics.
The Assistant Project Manager works with the Project Management team on the planning, coordination, and completion of construction projects. The core job duties include assisting in many phases of construction from budgeting, bidding, cost control, client relations, through closeout.
What We Offer:
At Clune Construction we value each of our employees and care about their wellbeing. We strive to provide best-in-class benefits packages, including but not limited to:
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending, Dependent Care and Commuter Plans
- Employee-Owned Company with ESOP Plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
- EAP and Wellness Programs
Core Values and Behaviors:
Clune Construction is proud to have Core Values and Behaviors that all of our employees represent. These Core Values are: Service, Teamwork, Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Innovation and Safety. Performance is evaluated with these Core Values in mind.
- Accurate and timely management of all paperwork and coordination for assigned projects including pre-construction surveys, site logistics plan, and project punch list.
- Actively participate in internal team/huddle meetings such as scope reviews and project kick-off, and lead and document weekly internal team coordination meetings.
- Review for contractual compliance, process and log all submittals and manage through a timely review and approval process.
- Prepare and follow up on RFIs, identify constructability issues and ensure RFI's are vetted and formatted for easy design team response.
- Manage and coordinate the project's trade specific schedule to ensure information is flowing to maintain contractual requirements.
- Distribute sketches, shop drawings, submittals, schedules and punchlists to subcontractor and site superintendent in a timely fashion to maintain the project schedule.
- Attend career fair, client/industry events, and client presentations when appropriate.
- Role model professionally for Interns, Project Engineers, and new APMs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that will be utilized to hold discussions with various members of Clune and clients.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Understanding of team roles and responsibilities, internally and externally.
- Growing trade delineation understanding.
- Growing understanding of how to read drawings and specs.
- Understanding of how to read construction schedules and how they are built.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering a plus.
- Background in construction trades and technical knowledge of wood frame, steel and concrete structures a plus.
- Completion of basic budget training.
- Strong computer skills needed.
All candidates must provide a resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Clune Construction Co LPVienna, VA
Get fresh Assistant Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.