The Service Route Driver (SRD) will support their Managers in the supply and service to his/her customer base. This role is accountable for providing quality service, distribution of goods and great customer service support to our customers.
The SRD must be able to deal with a large and diverse range of products, as well as a large customer base. This position must work well under pressure – and effectively as a team member. The SRD must be able to cope effectively with difficult situations and multiple demands.
Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
• Work closely with their Manager to ensure customers are aware of initiatives and current battery promotions.
• Work with manager to achieve budget and targets set by VP of OP’s
• Promote benefits and value program of battery program to staff and customer network.
• Delivery of batteries or ancillary products distributed by Club Assist.
• Responsible for fill rate and stock mix of customers / Battery Rotation, Consignment / Inventory Control for customer locations, Warranty adjudication / Warranty rate management, Vehicle Inventory control /
• Maintain all company logs, records and reports on a daily basis; analyze Daily Volume Reports.
• Receive payment for products sold and accurately record into assigned accounts according to banking procedures.
• Support contractors by reaching sales budget goals/targets; accountable for knowing and ensuring sales budget expectations are met.
Work Experience, Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL/B) required.
• Forklift and electric pallet jack certification desired.
• Previous background in Automotive and/or Battery Industry.
• Prior experience in customer support, sales or service; min. 2 years.
• Compliance with all accounting policies and expense reporting.
• Ability to complete paperwork and reports as needed on time.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and effective negotiation skills
• Solid organizational and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong decision-making/judgement skills; solution-oriented.
• Exceptional customer service skills; ability to resolve conflict.
Physical and other Requirements:
• Must be able to lift 40 - 75 lbs while balancing and carrying equipment (includes bending, kneeling, lifting, etc.).
• Must pass DOT physical exam and DOT Drug test.
• Able and willing to work non-standard business hours such as; nights, weekends, holidays, etc. if needed
• Compliance with all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and all other federal, state and local laws.
• Compliance with DOT and OSHA regulations.
Benefits and Perks:
*Clean driving record
• We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
• Benefits package
• You will receive ongoing challenges and career progression in this organization, which values continuous improvement, work within a fun team-based environment that rewards innovative thinking.