Club4Fitnessa high growth multi-unit health club company seeking a VP of Operations as a member of our senior leadership team to develop, shape and drive market positioning and business results for our business located in the southeast reporting directly to the Managing Partner. The VP of Operations will provide strong hands-on leadership to develop and execute an overarching market strategy to achieve immediate and long-term high-growth goals. The Vice President of Operations will be responsible for the day to day hands-on leadership and oversight of Club4Fitness. The VP will be responsible for the day to day operations as well as developing strategies and executing initiatives that will drive club revenue, manage expenses, ensure brand integrity and team development in all clubs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for directing, coordinating and overseeing the day-to-day operations of multiple Club4Fitness clubs in the South-East Region, providing general business counsel and operational guidance.
- Collaborate with Vice Presidents and Regional Directors to develop and maximize results in their respective markets while maintaining a consistent customer experience and operational compliance.
- Supports Vice Presidents and Regional Directors in all aspects of the market, ensuring merchandising, marketing, assortment, and store operations meet the brand standards.
- Act as the primary point of contact for corporate cross-functional business units, interacting with multiple stakeholders (e.g. Purchasing, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, etc.) to ensure deliverables are being met.
- Facilitate regular business reviews and market visits, including competitive analysis, club evaluation, merchandising marketing, training, and development of long-range plans.
- Provide support and guidance to Vice Presidents and Regional Directors with respect to market development to ensure successful club openings.
- Work with and influence multiple internal and external stakeholders acting as a project manager, leveraging multiple resources, and ensuring tasks and action items get completed on time.
- Conduct regular monthly visits in each market, building relationships with employees at all levels, collaborating with the Vice Presidents, Regional Directors, and Area Directors to assess overall performance of the team and club.
- Ensure compliance with all company standards, franchisee model, and brand standards.
- Project and practice consistent leadership attributes that provide a high level of customer service at all points of contact.
- Other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in health club operations management.
- Previous experience working in the franchised system.
- Demonstrated professional-level skills to positively motivate, overcome barriers and act as champion/change agent for continuous improvement as well as establishing accountability for meeting objectives.
- Must possess self-motivation, business acumen, in-depth analytical skills, strong detail orientation, and execution skills necessary to efficiently and effectively complete projects and manage priorities.
- Results-driven and action-oriented with the ability to provide sustained high levels of energy.
- Desire and ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent eye for identifying and developing a highly driven and high performing team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time or on an as-needed basis to various markets.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.).