The Associate Director of Pricing and Contracting is a key role on the Market Access Team and has three primary areas of responsibility: creating and executing the trade/distribution strategy, managing the contracting strategy and implementation, and building a compliant pricing operations function.
Develop and execute a trade/distribution strategy that ensures product reaches providers and patients efficiently, accurately and cost effectively. Lead pricing and contracting strategy, contract evaluation, and implementation. Build pricing operations function, including processing data (sales, discounts) for government reporting purposes. Manage existing contracts to ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the selection and management of vendors to distribute product to relevant customers (e.g. Specialty Pharmacies, Physician practices, Hospitals, VA/DoD)
- Inform company’s specialty pharmacy strategy (partners, services, size of network, performance metrics) and negotiate contracts to a successful outcome
- Develop the trade relations function to ensure product distribution metrics are being met
- Inform and execute pricing and contracting strategy for product across multiple customer segments (e.g. SPRx, Government and Private Payers, Hospitals, Oncology Clinics, GPOs)
- Collaborate with Finance, Legal and Compliance to capture and report data that ensures compliance with government reporting requirements (AMP, best price)
- Track changes from CMS and other government entities that affect price reporting and ensure Clovis is compliant with those changes
- Collaborate with corporate finance to accurately reflect gross/net revenues and supply projections when required for business planning. Respond to audit requests.
- Communicate with field sales regarding pricing actions
- Align closely with Associate Director of Patient Access and Reimbursement Services to ensure trade partners integrate seamlessly into hub service provider and Specialty Pharmacy Network partners
- Participate in US Pricing Committee meetings to manage content, agendas and deliverables for the organization
- Structure, manage and update the contracting process within the Market Access organization to all participants involved in the Clovis organization
- Utilize the data provided by external and internal sources to better manage the performance of key accounts, to include but limited to, GPO and payer contract performance, patient journey and trade vendor and their attainment of key performance indicators
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical channel dynamics, US payer coverage and reimbursement environment, government policies pertaining to price reporting obligations, and contracting strategies
- Functional expertise and experience with pharmaceutical pricing and contracting, including managing list price, submitting bids to payers, managing 340B discounts, evaluating contracts for ROI, developing discount reports, and operating a compliant price reporting process
- Proven track record for regularly using insights and innovation to develop and deliver long-term projects on time and within budget
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment generally under no supervision, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and communicate complex information clearly
- Leads with strong business acumen and a compliance mindset
- Strong people skills to allow for maximum collaboration among business partners
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree (MBA) a plus
- Minimum of 8 years operating experience in Market Access in biotech/pharmaceuticals with at least 2 years leading each of: developing channel strategy, managing trade partners, and building a pricing/contracting operation
- Pharmaceutical and biotech product launch experience
- Oncology therapeutic experience, or specialty drug experience, preferred.
- Experience managing multiple vendor contracts providing services intended to improve the patient experience
- Experience negotiating complex contracts with performance metrics
- Office-based position with approximately 5 to 10% travel required.