- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor 1st shift
Cloverland Farms Dairy is seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to be a part of Cloverland Farms Dairy team. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintaining an efficient facility, including receiving, processing, packaging equipment and related systems, general plant operations and waste treatment. The Maintenance Supervisor must have a working knowledge of the equipment (both mechanical and electrical) in all areas of responsibility. The Maintenance Supervisor will provide engineering support for the plant, to include project implementation, production, and equipment improvement initiatives and to support the daily operations of the plant to ensure all safety, production and quality goals are achieved.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and personnel management skills. The person must be able to work well with others from production personnel to plant management and be able to develop positive working relationships with operations. Good organizational skills are a must.
The Maintenance Supervisor will lead a team of frontline employees and be responsible for ensuring the department is well managed to reduce downtime, increase product output/quality and develop a highly functioning cross trained department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overseeing the daily coordination of planned maintenance, projects, and scheduled and emergency repairs in a fast-paced environment utilizing both in plant and outside personnel and services. Ensuring that preventive maintenance is completed as scheduled and provide training and development of plant maintenance personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure equipment reliability to maximize production line productivity.
· Oversee the preventive and predictive maintenance programs to ensure minimal downtime.
· Oversee full wastewater treatment and refrigeration systems.
· Evaluate the performance of team members and provide periodic feedback to ensure development.
· Prepare maintenance schedules and allocate work as per forecasted workloads.
· Manage a safe working environment for all maintenance personnel
· Maintain plant quality performance standards
· Provide emergency response procedures
· Facilitate hazardous waste disposal programs
· Troubleshoot and repair equipment and machinery using electrical schematics.
· Knowledge of motor components and controls, both 3-phase and low voltage.
· Knowledge of installation of conduit and related fittings.
· Experience with PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) and related components.
· Help develop skills and cross train maintenance staff.
· Maintain understanding of efficiency standards.
· Support improvement projects.
· Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· 1st, 2nd or 3rd Grade Stationary Engineer Maryland License is required.
· 3-5 years of supervisory experience in the maintenance/engineering field.
· Dairy, beverage, packaging, or process industry background required
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience with mechanics, carpentry, electrical, building maintenance, wastewater treatment and refrigeration systems
· Experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and operating boilers, chillers, pumps, generators, and cooling towers.
· Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
· Ability and willingness to respond to emergency needs of the plant
· Ability to lift 50 pounds on a frequent basis
· Familiarization with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
· Experience in Microsoft Office and maintenance management systems.
· Day shift – 7:00am start time
· Monday – Friday
We offer a competitive benefit package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid time off and 401(k).
At Cloverland Farms Dairy we embrace diversity & welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a position will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S. We participate in E-Verify.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
2701 Loch Raven BlvdBaltimore, MD
Get fresh Maintenance Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.