Vice President of Sales- Retail
Cloverdale Foods Company Mandan, ND
- Posted: over a month ago
- $120,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
The Vice President of Sales – Retail will be a hands-on leader of a team responsible for executing on all aspects of the business relationship and foster a winning mentality to grow the business. This role must have an individual that has a breath of experienced sales and marketing leader with demonstrated success managing large-scale partnerships within the Retail, CPG & QSR Vertical. The Vice President is responsible to generate new business and grow existing accounts. The primary focus of this role will be delivering functional and technical expertise to facilitate the presentation, scoping and closing of deals. As a part of our sales leadership team, the Vice President of Sales you will join a group of intellectually curious leaders within the company working to improve our processes as we scale the business. The position will lead our Retail sales team to develop account-winning strategies while providing support in closing business. This role is critical in deciding what is the best way to engage with potential customers while leading your team through sales cycles. Being the first customer facing interaction, the Retail team must be focused on being Cloverdale’s brand solution champions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow revenue and product adoption across Retail/CPG vertical.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of sales individuals to surpass revenue goals.
- Be the internal advocate for the Retail/CPG vertical across Sales, Product, and Marketing, ensuring partner feedback and ideas are taken into account.
- Identify, prioritize, and maintain a list of named accounts within the Retail/CPG vertical based on largest short/long-term opportunities.
- Must hunt and farm – Hybrid selling role responsible for upsell (retention) and new markets (hunting).
- Build out sales pipeline and mange via Salesforce.
- Collaborate openly with key stakeholders, partners, and internal teams to develop vertical specific solutions that exceed client expectations.
- Provide accurate forecasting and longer-term revenue projections.
- Evolve vertical specific marketing plans for Marketing team to execute.
- Generating new accounts and revenue streams while reaching annual sales revenue goals.
- Strategic, executive level selling in a consultative manner to all clients.
- Management activities including sales and revenue forecasting, account planning, strategy, and supervision.
- Providing input to sales plans and campaigns, business plans and product development plans.
- Developing and maintaining a team that consists of highly trained sales and pre-sales professionals by giving them direct coaching/mentoring and account involvement to achieve a high level of sales.
- Bring strategic channel expertise and effective selling techniques to grow share.
- Own and manage all National Account portfolios by developing and delivering customer level annual sales plans.
- Understand the impact of sales and financial decisions on the company & the accounts P&L.
- Execute existing contracts and own the renewal, solidify, and expand existing customer relationships.
- Cultivate and maintain effective business relationships with executive decision makers in large/national accounts.
- Pursue identified business prospects, participating actively in the planning and sales process for new business opportunities.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of each account/channel and what drives their success.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to promote scale and maximize territory coverage.
- Proactively maintain ongoing knowledge of industry, existing and target channel accounts, and competitive landscape.
- Executive level presentation skills.
- Work with Marketing department to developing marketing programs to create awareness and demand for company products and play a dynamic role in introducing programs and initiatives that ensure successful, broad deployment of our products lines.
- Identify and address tactical barriers to channel sales growth.
- Manage channel programs and execute on trade marketing initiatives.
- Develop and manage business within assigned accounts measured by volume, revenue and profit targets set within the Retail channel.
- Lead team on successful orchestration of Joint Business Planning and ongoing meetings throughout year.
- Responsible for fixing margin and sales issues within certain existing accounts as instructed by the President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or applicable field.
- Required 15+ year’s Sales Experience with the Retail Industry, preferably within protein retail sales, Brokers, Regional and National Accounts, and selling premium branded products.
- 5+ years management experience.
- Demonstrated experience using data to architect marketing strategies.
- Understanding of the advertising eco-system and measurement trends.
- Experience presenting to C-Level executives with an emphasis on translating technical or complicated ideas into less technical terms.
- Data/analytics driven seller who can communicate the benefits of data within marketing campaigns to brands.
- Ability to forge relationships with decision makers across broad range of retail clients and customers.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to lead a team in large account sales success, including executive-level relationships, account penetration, solution selling, and coordination of multi-region account management.
- Experience working with management implications of various forms of financial data.
- Must be able to accurately forecast through proper cadence with direct reports.
- Strong analytical skills, including market strategy, customer requirements and success factors, and a value based selling process.
- Strong understanding of industry trends, key players, terminology, and overall economics of the marketplace.
- Ability to publicly represent the client with internal and external customers and at events and seminars.
- National and Chain Account Management experience required.
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales quota targets.
- Self-motivated with strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 70% of the time.
- Functional competencies include selling, negotiating, financial management, inventory management, leveraging insights, listening & time management.
- Must demonstrate sales management experience in the management of multiple product categories and customers.
- Must have strong interpersonal, directing, and coaching skills.
Cloverdale Foods Company offers a competitive compensation package and an excellent benefits program for confidential consideration, please send your resume to HRDept@cloverdalefoods.com or Fax: 701-663-0690. In order to comply with government recordkeeping requirements, please go to http://www.cloverdalefoods.com/employment/apply.asp and send us a completed Online Application along with your resume/cover letter.
Cloverdale Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our promise: To delight you and your family with high-quality, flavorful meat products that will help you make delicious memories you’ll savor in the years to come.
Still family-owned after all these years, we continue to be inspired by Russell’s founding principles of quality first. Since 1995, we have chosen to focus on what we do best: creating and crafting premium pork and beef products with our signature smoky and bold “Big Country Flavors” you can’t find anywhere else on the market.
Cloverdale Foods CompanyWhy Work Here?
Cloverdale Foods Company offers a competitive compensation package and an excellent benefits program.
Our story began in 1915 when Cloverdale founder and dairy farmer Hoy Russell started Mandan Creamery in Mandan, North Dakota. From the day he opened, Russell insisted on uncompromising quality, and his small creamery quickly earned a reputation for supplying the best-tasting, freshest dairy products to area kitchens. Our promise: To delight you and your family with high-quality, flavorful meat products that will help you make delicious memories you’ll savor in the years to come. Still family-owned after all these years, we continue to be inspired by Russell’s founding principles of quality first. Since 1995, we have chosen to focus on what we do best: creating and crafting premium pork and beef products with our signature smoky and bold “Big Country Flavors” you can’t find anywhere else on the market.
3015 34th Street NWMandan, ND
BusinessView all jobs at Cloverdale Foods Company