The Packaging Assistant is a cross functional position supporting the packaging job task in all production departments as needed. This position wills assist the Operators and Line Leader in the set-up, packaging and proper storage of all products and proper cleaning of production areas. This position will ensure that all documentation is timely, accurate, and complete, that GMP’s, Sanitation requirements and performance measures are tracked and met. This position will assist in product labeling, weighing, stacking, loading and unloading of pallets, and other duties according to business needs.
- Follows daily work instructions from the Line Leader or the Supervisor.
- Packs product into cases using the proper quantities.
- Assists in reading, interpreting, and maintaining Packaging Log Sheets.
- Assists in maintaining all Metal Detector charts and Metal Detector Log Sheets.
- Demonstrates sound work ethics.
- Supports and encourages greater employee teamwork.
- Adheres to all plant, OSHA, and Safety Regulation.
- Assists in transferring finished product from production areas to the Warehouse.
- Assists in scanning packaged product into inventory management system.
- Responsible for performing repetitive tasks in the production departments to ensure efficient operation.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to inspecting, sorting, counting and placing all types of products into slots on conveyors, packing cases, labeling, sealing palletize and wrapping products.
- Monitors product to ensure that quality is being achieved and reports deficiencies to Line Lead or Supervisor.
- Cleans work areas, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve processes.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Able to work in teams effectively and encourage a positive work environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts, accept and embrace change, and be an active member of operating the department
- Demonstrated ability to effectively trouble-shoot and use problem solving skills
- Sound communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to ensure all documentation is timely, accurate, and complete
- Completes pre-operational checks on all equipment before starting a process
- Must have an established work record that depicts that he or she is reliable and adds value to an organization through service and acceptance of responsibility
- Effectively interacts with individuals, teams, supervisor, management
- Effective decision-making skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to details in daily activities
- Highly organized, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective prioritizing and time management skills
Requirements and Minimum Education Level:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work in a cold, damp, wet, humid and slippery environment.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, bump cap, hair net, safety glasses, hearing protection, smock, rubber and cotton gloves.
- Excessive ascending and/or descending of ladders and stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms on a regular basis. Body agility is emphasized
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances on a regular basis
- Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time on concrete
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist on a regular basis
- Reaching: Extending hands and arms in any direction
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees occasionally
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine
- Lifting: Able to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis, up to 60lbs occasionally
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Includes activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Constantly twist/turn to obtain stacks of product.
- Constantly use eye/hand and eye/hand/foot coordination when packing product.
- Constantly grip/grasp and use handling/fingering to handle boxes and product.
- Constantly talk/hear throughout the day.
- Ability to use fine motor skills and smell.
- Push 50 lb. box up to 2 feet onto conveyor every minute.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus and color vision.
- Continuous physical activity required to stand, bend, walk, lift, reach, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl for up to and over 8 hours per day.
24. Ability to work (shifts) varied hours/days including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed; including overtime.
25. Constantly work in high noise levels requiring hearing protection, up to at least 92db’s.
26. Will be required to complete all company training.
27. Ability to work effectively with a variety of diverse individuals within the plant.
28. Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
29. Ability to follow simple instructions presented in written or verbal form.
30. Must have good interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with team members.
Cloverdale Foods Company offers a competitive compensation package and an excellent benefits program for confidential consideration, please send your resume to HRDept@cloverdalefoods.com or Fax: 701-663-0690. In order to comply with government recordkeeping requirements, please go to http://www.cloverdalefoods.com/employment/apply.asp and send us a completed Online Application along with your resume/cover letter. Cloverdale Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our promise: To delight you and your family with high-quality, flavorful meat products that will help you make delicious memories you’ll savor in the years to come.
Still family-owned after all these years, we continue to be inspired by Russell’s founding principles of quality first. Since 1995, we have chosen to focus on what we do best: creating and crafting premium pork and beef products with our signature smoky and bold “Big Country Flavors” you can’t find anywhere else on the market.
Cloverdale Foods Company
Why Work Here?Our story began in 1915 when Cloverdale founder and dairy farmer Hoy Russell started Mandan Creamery in Mandan, North Dakota. From the day he opened, Russell insisted on uncompromising quality, and his small creamery quickly earned a reputation for supplying the best-tasting, freshest dairy products to area kitchens. Our promise: To delight you and your family with high-quality, flavorful meat products that will help you make delicious memories you’ll savor in the years to come. Still family-owned after all these years, we continue to be inspired by Russell’s founding principles of quality first. Since 1995, we have chosen to focus on what we do best: creating and crafting premium pork and beef products with our signature smoky and bold “Big Country Flavors” you can’t find anywhere else on the market.
Cloverdale Foods Company offers a competitive compensation package and an excellent benefits program.