The Manufacturing Controls Tech position Under the general direction of the Plant Engineer, is responsible for the engineering, design, integration, programming, and troubleshooting of Programable Logic Controllers (PLC) and relay system, Process Automation Controllers (PAC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), Servo Systems, Robotics, Industrial Networks for systems to support productivity and/or quality improvements for process and packaging equipment, electrical troubleshooting. The Manufacturing Controls Tech will be responsible for providing daily support of plant maintenance activities by, implementing solutions to solve operational problems on equipment that have been escalated to them from other maintenance support functions; supporting Focused Improvement initiatives; and managing other projects supporting continuous improvement initiatives. This position will also ensure accuracy and completeness of associated technical documentation and support technician training and development processes.
1. Provide Electrical & Controls Engineering design, modification, and support for multiple controls projects, ranging from a single machine to a complete line or process area.
2. Daily Operations and Maintenance Support.
3. Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to the manufacturing operations to determine the fundamental causes of equipment/operational issues to resolve quality and/or productivity issues to meet budgeted objectives.
4. Provide training of new technologies to plant electrical support staff.
5. Identify and implement solutions to solve operational problems on equipment in support of Continuous Improvement initiatives.
6. Perform independent reviews of work performed by other equipment operators including calculations, design, and drawing preparation to ensure completeness and compliance to established company standards and applicable regulatory codes.
7. Perform reviews of existing equipment and system to propose upgrades and replacements, and present findings and recommendations to operations and leadership.
8. Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced maintenance technicians and fostering “Healthy Org.”
9. Provide comprehensive training to Maintenance and Production personnel in various technical areas.
10. Depending on skill level, provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced operators.
1. Minimum 5 years’ experience specifying, designing, programming, and implementing control and automation platforms, including, PLCs (AB Logix, SLC500, PLC5, Siemens S7), HMIs (PanelView Plus), AC Drives (AB, Siemens), and Servo Controls (AB Kinetix, Emerson), and industrial network communication protocols (Ethernet I/P, DeviceNet, Profibus, ModBus, HART, etc.).
2. Demonstrated installation and commissioning experience, including contractor and vendor management, ranging from a single machine to a complete line or process area.
3. Minimum 5 years’ experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing industrial control systems using root-cause problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
4. Self-motivated with ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines.
5. Demonstrate their ability to effectively balance their time between unplanned support request and planned work activities.
6. Excellent interpersonal communication skills with ability to work effectively on cross-functional projects and effectively influence across all levels of the organization and job functions in both formal and informal leadership roles.
7. Willingness and ability to work flexible hours across three shifts as needed to meet business demands across a three-shift operation.
8. Ability and willingness to travel up to 5%.
9. Proficient in CAD with demonstrated ability produce and modify drawings/designs suitable for fabrication.
1. BS and/or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related field.
2. Proficient in AutoCAD with demonstrated ability produce and modify drawings/designs suitable for fabrication.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
o Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
o Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
o Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
o Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
o Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
o Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Cloverdale Foods Company offers a competitive compensation package and an excellent benefits program for confidential consideration, please send your resume to HRDept@cloverdalefoods.com or Fax: 701-663-0690. In order to comply with government recordkeeping requirements, please go to http://www.cloverdalefoods.com/employment/apply.asp and send us a completed Online Application along with your resume/cover letter.
Cloverdale Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our promise: To delight you and your family with high-quality, flavorful meat products that will help you make delicious memories you’ll savor in the years to come.
Still family-owned after all these years, we continue to be inspired by Russell’s founding principles of quality first. Since 1995, we have chosen to focus on what we do best: creating and crafting premium pork and beef products with our signature smoky and bold “Big Country Flavors” you can’t find anywhere else on the market.
Cloverdale Foods Company
Why Work Here?Our story began in 1915 when Cloverdale founder and dairy farmer Hoy Russell started Mandan Creamery in Mandan, North Dakota. From the day he opened, Russell insisted on uncompromising quality, and his small creamery quickly earned a reputation for supplying the best-tasting, freshest dairy products to area kitchens. Our promise: To delight you and your family with high-quality, flavorful meat products that will help you make delicious memories you’ll savor in the years to come. Still family-owned after all these years, we continue to be inspired by Russell’s founding principles of quality first. Since 1995, we have chosen to focus on what we do best: creating and crafting premium pork and beef products with our signature smoky and bold “Big Country Flavors” you can’t find anywhere else on the market.
Cloverdale Foods Company offers a competitive compensation package and an excellent benefits program.