Safety Basis Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a Safety Basis Engineer to join our team. This is an experienced team that performs a wide array of tasks to support and provide safety basis oversight for our clients team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform analyses of processes, systems, and accident phenomenology.
- Identify hazards, perform hazard and accident analyses to identify and select appropriate controls, and develop/review safety cases.
- Perform engineering analyses of nuclear or radioactive materials, chemical inventories, high-energy materials, and operations to resolve or establish a facility's hazard categorization based upon regulatory requirements.
- Review or approve document safety analyses (DSAs) and technical safety requirements (TSRs) for nuclear facilities, safety evaluations for accelerators, and safety assessments for industrial facilities that require a more rigorous analysis.
- Lead or assist with various aspects of the Readiness Review process and create or review the associated documentation.
- Lead or assist with Conduct of Operation (ConOps) assessments.
- Prepare or review Unreviewed Safety Question (USQ) documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant STEM discipline plus 8 years of relevant experience; or a Master’s in Nuclear Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a relevant STEM discipline, plus 4 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency with the USQ process.
- Experience with review of DSAs and TSRs for research reactors, critical assemblies, and non-reactor nuclear facilities at DOE Facilities.
- Experience with the hazard categorization process and principles of DOE-STD-1027.
- Experience and working knowledge of Conduct of Operations (ConOps) in nuclear facilities.
- Experience with and performance of the various aspects of the DOE Readiness Review process.
- Experience performing hazard analyses using techniques from Guidelines for Hazard Evaluation Procedures, including but not limited to what-if checklist, failure modes and effects analysis, fault/event tree, and qualitative risk analysis.
- Experience with implementing and/or validating the implementation of safety controls.
- Ability to provide solutions for issues which may be identified during review processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to produce high-quality work with strict attention to detail, on schedule, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance.
Clover Leaf Solutions is a small business headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with key offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA, and we are growing. You can be a key part of our team and help us continue to build our capabilities long-term. Our government clients include Department of Energy national laboratories, while our commercial clients have included globally recognized firms. We specialize in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Construction Management, and Project Management. We have open, transparent communication without layers of bureaucracy, while also having a strong team to provide backup. We offer health, dental, vacation/sick, and a 401k with a generous match.
Learn more about us at cloversolutions.us
Clover Leaf Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR
Clover Leaf Solutions
BusinessView all jobs at Clover Leaf Solutions