Clover Leaf Solutions Albuquerque, NM
- Expired: December 02, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Clover Leaf is looking for an experienced Controller to join our growing team. We are looking for someone who can work as part of a team and individually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a budget and a system of controls to ensure that assets are used appropriately. Manage budget and billability, business metrics, and costs. Identify and make adjustment in operations to stay within standards, business metrics, and financial goals.
- Manage the processing of all accounting transactions, which is supported by a set of policies, procedures, and forms. Includes billings, accounts payable, payroll, collections, fixed assets and equity management, cash receipts, and lines of credit.
- Maintain a chart of accounts and general ledger, from which are compiled a set of financial statements to be produced monthly, at a minimum.
- Produce a number of financial statements for owners and investors.
- When called upon, assist external auditors with their examinations of the company's financial reports, controls and policies.
- Establish/improve effectiveness and efficiency of all accounting and financial processes, including software/technology to support financial operations.
- Manage business and people processes by planning, organizing, directing and controlling work activities.
- Create and maintain effective business management processes/systems, monitor and discuss data with employees, direct necessary improvements and encourage open communication on opportunities for improvement.
- Identify and address emerging issues. Understand obstacles, pursue solutions in a timely manner, keep senior management informed of issues, impediments and progress. Collaborate with senior management to find solutions and implement.
- Remove barriers to performance. Manage financial risk for the company. Develop risk mitigation strategies and collaborate with senior management for execution in accordance with risk severity and Clover Leaf policies.
- Build positive internal relationships, goal alignment and role clarity across departments and locations.
Organization and Direction:
- Lead employees by setting goals and priorities, communicating direction, making decisions for the function based on company strategy and goals. Establish, communicate and monitor daily/weekly work objectives. Manage resources within budget and schedule.
- Supply employees with necessary resources by hiring, assigning resources, balancing workload, delegating work tasks, prioritizing work and ensuring efficient work flow based on strategy and goals.
- Monitor environment, stakeholder service and teamwork for excellence.
- Manage accountant.
- Execute HR and Safe Workplace policies and people management responsibilities.
- Assist in interviewing and hiring as appropriate. Ensure effective onboarding of employees for productivity and effective assimilation into Clover Leaf operations.
- Ensure productive, engaging and inclusive work environment for all employees. Foster teamwork.
- Develop employees and colleagues, identify talent, teach key skills, ensure knowledge transfer to appropriate employees to avoid single-person dependencies. Build capability across the team.
- Work with senior management to set clear performance standards, observe work and results, provide straightforward, timely feedback in a respectful way. Differentiate performance through feedback, compensation and recognition so that top performers are appropriately rewarded and understand their value to Clover Leaf. Recognize outstanding contributions by employees.
- Create and maintain a positive engagement climate, listen to employees, address their issues, provide explanations/rationale for decisions.
- Identify employee relations issues and communicate quickly to upper management. Contribute to decisions about managing issues, communicate with employees as directed by senior management.
- Encourage employees to contribute new ideas and speak up about issues and concerns, support ideas that should be implemented.
- Communicate direction and information to employees. Provide employee input to senior management. Ensure free flow of accurate information.
- Ensure open environment for reporting of problems, issues and misconduct. Address obstacles to open communication. Manage communication channels on the team, with senior management and across the company for maximum openness, candor and trust.
- Review timesheet activities and entries on a weekly for accurate, thorough information.
- Ensure that staff work, time and expenses are properly recorded prior to invoice development. Identify issues and concerns to senior management in a timely manner.
- Implement different tracking mechanisms for different types of contacts such as service work (people and hours) vs. project work (Subs and Materials) and be able to accurately track job cost and profits for each, respectively.
- Role model commitment to Clover Leaf policies. Lead by example by demonstrating commitment to Clover Leaf values.
- Engage in constructive internal and external relationships and negotiations in service of clients, the community and Clover Leaf.
Experience with accounting for federal contracts.
Bachelors degree in accounting or closely related field, and 5 years experience.
-In-depth knowledge of accounting methods and practices.
-Knowledge of financial management software.
-Ability to make decisions requiring financial judgement to support a company.
Demonstrated management skills, including the ability to successfully plan, organize, lead and monitor team efforts to completion. Ability to develop and articulate a strategic plan and successfully implement it to deliver desired results.
Demonstrated effective leadership, collaboration skills, including the ability to work effectively with other organizations, clients and suppliers.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Ability to create and deliver excellent oral and written communication and presentations.
Role model for ethical, service-oriented behavior.
Experience with DCAA audits, forward pricing, negotiating pricing with clients.
Minimum 10 years experience directly managing facilities projects or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working for DOE or similar federal environment is a plus.
Please provide 3 references from former employment and explain any periods of short employment or lack of employment.
Clover Leaf Solutions is a small business headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with key offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA, and we are growing. You can be a key part of our team and help us continue to build our capabilities long-term. Our government clients include Department of Energy national laboratories, while our commercial clients have included globally recognized firms. We specialize in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Construction Management, and Project Management. We have open, transparent communication without layers of bureaucracy, while also having a strong team to provide backup. We offer health, dental, vacation/sick, and a 401k with a generous match.
Learn more about us at cloversolutions.us
Clover Leaf Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.