Summary: The main function of a commercial and industrial designer is to develop and design models and drawings for industrial sites in the oil and gas midstream business as needed to FEED evaluation of potential projects.
Prepare sketches of ideas, models, detailed drawings, illustrations using computer-aided design equipment. Modify and refine designs, using working models, to conform with project engineering specifications. Confer with engineering, operations, business development departments, or with customers, to establish and evaluate design concepts. Drafter/Designer will create new drawings as required and execute redline updates and support FEED of capital projects at the direction of the project development engineer assigned. Designer will occasionally complete walk downs to verify accuracy of existing drawings or as needed to ensure accuracy of designs completed in the office. Designer will work closely with the Document Control department in managing drawings according to company standards and work closely with the capital projects and operations team to support drawing best practices.
• Facility types include, but are not limited to: Marine Terminal; Crude Pump Station; Rail Terminal; Truck Terminal; Oil Storage Facility; Pipeline Facility.
• Will be responsible for the creation of new drawings, and the update of existing drawings based on operations, engineering, or other qualified redlines. Drawing types include, but are not limited to: Electric Control Drawings; Electrical One-Lines/Single-Lines; Hazardous Area Classification; Indexes; Instrumentation and Controls; Isometric; Process Flow Diagrams; Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams; Piping; Plot Plans and associated; Vendor Drawings; Xref Drawings.
• Strictly adhere to established Drafting and Document Control processes while creating and maintaining drawings
• Position may conduct site visits to execute or support site walk downs
Prior drafting work experience within the oil/gas or chemicals/processing industry; Midstream/Pipeline experience preferred
• Strong attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills
• Knowledgeable of ‘redlining’ best practices for operators and drafters
• Knowledgeable understanding of industry drawing types (One-lines, PFD, P&IDs, Plot Plans, etc)
• Knowledge on how to execute a site walk down
• Strong understanding of AutoCAD
• Experience working within CADWorx P&ID Professional (preferred, not required)
• Some experience with GIS tools could also be useful
Education – High-school Degree; Bachelor’s degree or higher education preferred
Experience – 5-7 years’ experience in drafting
Project Description: Describe what your team does & how this project/your team impacts the business:
My team support FEED for capital, income-producing growth projects. My team provides rapid early phase development of projects and assessment of alternatives to ensure all company standards and preferences, as well as industry codes, are supported in initial costing to avoid scope creep in subsequent FEL development. This helps to ensure the financial viability as projects advance into detail design and execution.
Required Skills & Years of Experience: AutoCAD, 5-7 years
Preferred Experience: AutoCAD, 10+ years
Education Requirements: AutoCAD training; Associates degree in design or CAD related