Sr. Database Engineer/Administrator (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Sr. Database Engineer/Administrator
Cloudmed is a first-of-its-kind, single-source enterprise platform provider of Revenue Intelligence™ solutions for hospitals. Cloudmed’s approach of combining human expertise with advanced technology utilizing machine learning algorithms provides a smarter, more predictive way for clients to realize all potential revenue. Today, Cloudmed partners with over 3,100 healthcare providers in the United States and recovers over $1.2 billion of underpaid or unidentified revenue for clients annually. Cloudmed (Triage solution) is the 2020 Revenue Integrity and Underpayment Services KLAS® Category Leader and its solution suites have HFMA Peer Review status and are HITRUST certified.
Mid-level SQL DBA with experience in cloud environment who is quick learner and a team player. The person will work with Director of Data Engineering and implement data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance; resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues and other database related issues.
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and operational readiness (security, health, and performance) of our corporate applications in cloud (managing Cloud Infrastructure related to SQL Data Services in Azure). Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively. Experience with other databases (PostgreSQL/Couchbase) is a big plus, but not mandatory
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Develop complex SQL queries and stored procedures, including complex Sub queries, correlated queries, and nested queries.
- Refine and automate regular database processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Utilize various tools to evaluate performance and implement remedies to improve performance, including tuning database parameters and SQL statements
- Retrieve data from various sources and prepare data for analysis.
- Analysis, mapping, and ETL development using SSIS packages in data conversion/migration.
- Data mapping, profiling, and cleansing of the source data and transformation as required.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve Azure servers, managed instances, and Azure SQL database issues
- Perform problem isolation and troubleshooting in complex environments
- Develop and maintain database backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Follow database standards, participate in design reviews, documentation for database environments, perform logical and physical database designs
- 10+ years MS SQL Server Developer and 3+ years of MS SQL Administration experience with at least 2 years working with Microsoft Azure Cloud technologies.
- Experienced with DMS (Database Migration Services) tools to migrate data from On-premises to Azure Cloud is required.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Strong Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2014 and above
- Ability to design and implement relational databases
- Experience with SSIS and ETL, Azure data factory, Azure portal, Azure data studio
- Backup, restore, secure, scale, monitor and tune an Azure SQL Database
- Develop a scalable cloud solution with SQL Database
- Must be well organized, extremely detail oriented and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in SQL Server is a PLUS
- Experience with PowerBI and any NoSQL Database(e.g. MongoDB, Elastic Search) is a big plus but not mandatory
- Knowledge of SQL monitoring tools such as Redgate and Solarwinds DPA
- Postgres and Azure DevOps experience
The culture at Cloudmed embraces those that demonstrate a deep passion for solving the problems of healthcare with enthusiasm for building positive working relationships and winning as a team. Take the work seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously. Creating a strong workplace culture has been one of our staples, which we believe encourages and inspires employees to do their best. Join a fulfilling team of like-minded individuals who can get their work done, but still have fun!
Cloudmed provides an extremely competitive benefit package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and more.
Cloudmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Cloudmed Solutions LLC
Get fresh Senior Database Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.