CAD Designer / Cut-lister
Closets by Design is a nationally recognized leader in home organizing systems. We design, manufacture, and install a complete line of custom closets, home office furniture, media systems, wall-beds, garage cabinetry and more.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to immediately fill the position of CAD Designer / Cut-lister.
- Review sales designs to ensure that the design is compliant with the company’s product offerings and installation requirements and limitations.
- Define and work efficiently to resolve design questions.
- Accurately translate designer drawings into CAD that identifies all parts and machining requirements for the components required by the design.
- Complete and submit machine ready code to the factory in a time frame consistent with company standards and efficiency requirements.
- Provide support to the Pricing, Production, and Installation Departments, as required.
- Comply with all company policies and standards of behavior and performance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Quality – Develop and implement, with every job or project, a personal quality process that will ensure that all items required by the sales package design have been included in the CAD design or cutlist. Specifically, all components purchased by the customer are included and all required machining, special orders, etc. are accurately specified.
- Productivity – The CAD Designer is expected to produce a minimum of $40,000 in jobs per day after three-months of training, and thereafter to continually seek methods for improving his/her daily output.
- Continuous Improvement – The CAD Designer is expected to have a positive and proactive attitude towards meeting and surpassing customer expectations. The CAD Department’s customers are: The Manufacturing Department, the Installation Department, and the End-User Customer. Each CAD Designer is to continuously seek out improved methods for reducing the time to complete jobs, ensuring the highest quality with each job, and that all customer expectations have been met or surpassed.
- Attendance – Employees are expected to arrive to work on-time and to minimize time away from his/her work station. All employees are required to take the prescribed Breaks and Lunch periods, as defined by Departmental schedules. All employees are expected minimize absence days, insofar as possible.
Minimum Preferred Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College training preferred.
- Must be familiar with computer usage and technology.
- Drafting or design experience preferred.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Networking experience a plus
· Intermediate or above experience with Microsoft Excel.
Closets by Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Closets by Design Arizona