IT Support Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $55,000 to $65,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The IT Support Specialist provides technical support to system users and customer support staff. Evaluates user needs, defines technical problems, and works with management to determine solutions. Performs ongoing activities to maintain and enhance overall system performance. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstations, laptops, company cell phones, tablets and related hardware and software within defined service level agreements.
- Receive and respond to incoming tickets, calls, and/or e-mails regarding problems.
- Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes requests as directed.
- Ensure that physical desktop/laptops/tablets and cell phones are in proper working order.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring operations.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of all technology assets.
- Accurately document instances of desktop/laptop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Maintain printer, copier and fax machines.
- Coordinate with remote sites and third parties for testing and conducting video and audio conferences.
- Contribute to the successfulness of the company.
- Excellent technical knowledge of desktops, laptops, printers, and IOS devices (smart phones, tablets, etc.).
- Hands on hardware troubleshooting and installation experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, knowledge of Office 365 operating systems, and standards, including
- Skilled in IOS, MACOS, JAMF PRO.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC hardware and software issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship building skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Attention to detail with stong troubleshooting and problem solving ability.
- Ability to prioritize projects accordingly and multi-tasking is a must.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in working under tight time pressures.
Our modern, 60,000 square foot facility uses state-of-the-art equipment, and all products are made from high-quality wood furniture grade materials.
Closet Works is a wholly owned subsidiary of Texas-based The Container Store.
We are currently seeking excellent candidates to join our team!
Closet WorksWhy Work Here?
Organized and rapidly growing company with great benefits for past 35+ years.
Closet Works has been designing and building wood-based closets for 35 years. Although our firm has grown, we still design, manufacture, and install all our closet and organization systems ourselves. Our modern, 60,000 square foot facility uses state-of-the-art equipment, and all products are made from high-quality wood furniture grade materials. Closet Works is a wholly owned subsidiary of Texas-based The Container Store. We are currently seeking excellent candidates to join our team!
953 N. Larch Ave. Elmhurst IL 60126Chicago, IL