POSITION SUMMARY: Oversees and directs all manufacturing operations, including the quality of all goods produced and installed. Executes day to day activities to ensure attainment of operational goals, tactics, priorities, as well as identify resource needs. Management responsibilities also include developing and implementing policies and procedures, as well as coaching manufacturing, engineering and installation staff, and driving business results.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Supervise all areas within the manufacturing operation’s department, with responsibility for quality, throughput and achieving business goals.
· Manage Floor Supervisors and Managers, providing guidance and oversight to ensure that company goals are met.
· Develops and implements policies and procedures, formulating manufacturing operations strategies, building and mentoring manufacturing employees to drive business results. This includes ensuring quality and production standards are met, establishing and managing to manufacturing budgets, work with engineering and purchasing team members in support of the production of quality products that meet customer’s expectations.
· Using process, quality and production improvement methodologies, directs the development, planning, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods for new and existing products and technologies. This includes outgoing quality, safety and efficiency improvement for all manufactured operations and compliance with safety, state and federal regulations.
· Generates daily and hourly production and quality data and acts to resolve any gaps in production schedule
· Promotes culture of continuous improvement and understands lean manufacturing techniques as they apply to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectations. Drives short-term and long-term improvements.
· Manage and oversee inventory department with responsibility for all aspects of the manufacturing and production process. This includes but is not limited to receiving, ordering, stocking, and the pick/pack process.
· Initiates and implements programs to control inventory, improve efficiency and increase production to enhance value to the company, while maintaining reasonable inventory levels and controlling cost.
· Supervise all areas within the installation department, with responsibility for all facets of the installation process.
· Manage the Installation Manager while maintaining ultimate responsibility for the entire crew.
· Manage and oversee installation department to ensure scope of work for jobs is clear and defined, appropriate labor and materials is defined for job completion, and work is performed according to Closet America’s standards and specifications.
· Oversee the maintenance and operation of Closet America’s vehicle fleet.
· Develops and implements policies and procedures, formulating installation strategies, building and mentoring installation employees and driving business results.
· Ensuring the service appointment incident rate is within acceptable parameters, through the delivery of comprehensive services during the first scheduled installation visit.
· Manage the project engineering function and project engineering team to ensure jobs and services delivered to manufacturing are aligned with the quality construction, procedures, and timeframes set forth by Closet America standards.
· Ensure that all files are completed accurately and delivered within guidelines.
· Develops and implements policies and procedures designed to deliver the highest level of accuracy in manufacturing
· Interface Cabinet Vision programming with support of Engineering Department. Perform Cabinet Vision programming including new product development, Screen to Machine testing, and implementation.
· Integrate engineering into manufacturing process to raise the overall quality of the final product.
· Collaborate and coordinate with installers, vendors, customers, customer service, engineering, manufacturing and Sales/Design to ensure the delivery of Closet America’s “Best in Class” service.
· Provide skills assessment and ongoing training to staff, identifying appropriate training resources to fill skill gaps.
· Provides training and leadership and represents a positive, enthusiastic role model.
· Maintain individual skills, keeping up to date with latest installation, manufacturing, engineering, and production management concepts and computer technology.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
· Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
· Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
· Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
· Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
· Professionalism – Conduct and appearance is professional and to company standards and policies. Treats others with respect and consideration.
· Communication – Ability to use effective verbal and written communication skills.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required
· CNC programming required; Cabinet Vision programming including new product development and screen to machine testing/implementation preferred.
· 10+ year’s supervisory experience in a manufacturing wood working environment with at least 5 years in a managerial role.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Certification (Preferred)
Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Certificates & Licenses: NA
Healthcare, PTO, and 401k (to name a few).
We are a locally owned and operated company that provides unparalleled craftsmanship and customer service to clients in the D.C.-Baltimore metro area. We’re known for blazing a trail in our industry with our innovative business model, and we’re looking for new team members who will contribute to our high customer satisfaction scores and the quality of every system we make. With excellent benefits and a great work culture, you’ll enjoy the challenge and reward of transforming lives, one space at a time.