- Posted: over a month ago
- $54,000 to $57,000 Yearly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, dental,
The Packaging Supervisor is an individual knowledgeable of factory’s processes in packaging area. He/She is trained in Food Safety principles and handles well the Food Safety Plan developed for our products. Can develop appropriate strategies to comply with the production plan requirements in the most efficient manner by supervising and developing staff; organizing and monitoring workflow and actively look for opportunities for improvement.
The Packaging Supervisor reports to the Production Manager and directly leads a team of up 20 associates. He/She are required to work in flexible schedules as required by business needs.
CLIO Snacks is on a mission to make crummy food obsolete. Because real food can be convenient, and healthy food can be freaking delicious. CLIO makes dark chocolate-covered Greek yogurt bars -- a first-to-market, healthy, convenient, and delicious snack. In other words, we’re the type of people who eat yogurt with our hands. It’s nice to meet you.
What You’ll Do:
- Actively review the production requests elaborated by sales & operations team from Sales Orders received.
- Use the above information to prepare the actual packing and/or process plan to deploy to the team (leads and associates) the information on the order of flavors, pack sizes and packing machines configuration to cover the needs of product for completing sales orders. Suggest in a timely manner better configurations to use production time efficiently based on line’s throughput capabilities.
- Plans the shift activities in advanced and communicates the required resources and support needed from other departments (Personnel, Packaging Materials, sanitation needs, mechanic intervention).
- Supports HR in the selection of personnel to fill up open positions in the packaging room.
- Leads the execution of training plans for teams in packaging/production.
- Uses appropriate internal channels to communicate and delegate job orders and goals to Packaging & Production leads and team.
- Dictates instructions to the team regarding Lots and expiration dates to print on the packaged material (Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 as required)
- Ensures adherence to Safety and cGmp’s policies in the workplace by leading by example and making sure employees are properly trained.
- Provides his/her direct reports with the required resources to perform a quality job (includes but not limited to: labels, specifications, packaging material, utensils and tools).
- Notifies to the Production Manager the need for any utensil or equipment required to complete the tasks in the packaging area.
- Professionally reports any manufacturing issue or deviation (productivity loss) to the Production Manager with a proper description and improvement suggestions.
- Monitors personnel attendance and provides reasonable reasons for overtime approval.
- Keeps track of his/her team’s progress, and performance and develops appropriate training plans to execute with the leads. When needed, counsel individuals to ensure proper work ambiance and adherence to workplace standards.
- Reports to the appropriate departments and to direct supervisor any QA, Food Safety and/or Personnel Safety concern immediately and actively participates in their resolution.
- Actively participates in Audits, new product development trials by owning the activities under packaging area responsibility.
- Makes sure that packaging and traceability reports are being completed in a timely and accurate manner and sent to the required recipients.
- Overall builds positive rapport with colleagues and direct reports to create a teamwork environment that leads to Safety, Quality and Productivity targets being met in a consistent manner across all shifts.
What you’ll Need:
- Must have at least 3 years of experience supervising teams in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
- High School education or higher is strongly preferred.
- Numerical abilities and computer skills are required.
- Problem solving skills
- Positive attitude
- Critical and Strategic Thinking
- Ability to read, speak, and write English fluently is required.
- Communication skills and Time Management.
Bonus Points For:
- Spanish language fluency is a plus
- CPG/Natural Foods experience
- Start-up experience
Food production facility - Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and crouching. Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls. Lifting and moving of objects weigaccommodationlbs. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.
Why You Should Join Us:
- 401(k) eligibility after 90 days
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available after 30 days
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral program
- Life insurance
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Piscataway, NJ 08854: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
CLIO Snacks is on a mission to make crummy food obsolete. Because real food can be convenient, and healthy food can be freaking delicious. CLIO makes dark chocolate-covered Greek yogurt bars -- a first-to-market, healthy, convenient and delicious snack. In other words, we’re the type of people who eat yogurt with our hands. It’s nice to meet you.
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?