Are you interested in joining a team with a caring and compassionate staff? A fun, dynamic work environment? Are you looking for a job in which you can continue to grow and develop skills? Then WE are looking for you!
Our growing animal hospital is in search of a Registered Veterinary Technician that is enthusiastic for a new adventure! We offer a progressive work place that encourages learning and team work. We are interested in adding dependable RVT’s that have compassion in animal care.
Salary is dependent on experience and we welcome new graduates. Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare patients for surgery/dental procedures
- Monitor anesthesia and assist during surgery
- Perform routine dental cleanings
- Perform laboratory testing including fecal, urinalysis, ear cytology and blood diagnostics
- Follow-up with sick patients and surgery patients after discharge
- Maintain inventory for surgery, lab and surgery supplies
- Educate clients on treatments and vaccinations
- Prepare and take radiographs
- Assist veterinarians with exams
- Fill patient prescriptions in –hospital and phone prescriptions to outside pharmacies
- Assist with training Tech Assistants
- Perform blood draws, nail trims and express anal glands
The schedule is typically four days a week and alternating Saturdays. If you would like to join the team voted "Best of Lawrence" submit a resume and cover letter for consideration or apply in person.