Lead Commercial Electricians are responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of systems using electrical, mechanical and processing skills. The Lead Commercial Electrician will perform preventative and reactive maintenance.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
- Perform a wide variety of electrical and/or electronic installations and maintenance work on electrical systems and equipment to ensure power, lighting and test reliability.
- Install complex circuits and distribution centers in conformance with plans and codes. Install switches, panels, electronic devices and other gear necessary for central and subsidiary controls.
- Cutting and threading rigid conduit
- Gas controls, estops
- Monitor gas equipment
- Troubleshoot (i.e., determine source of problem and make corrections) electrical and electronic malfunctions repairing or replacing defective apparatus.
- Use all required electrical and electronic measuring and test devices. Comply with prescribed safety precautions.
- Work from general oral and/or written instructions to complete projects with little or no direction from others.
- Requires a broad knowledge of applied trade practices and techniques.
- Provide technical direction and lay out work for electricians of lower classifications.
- Order materials for projected work
- Ability to manage 2-4 helpers on projects
- Complete all paperwork associated with project(s) in a timely manner
- Train, manage and evaluate project team members A proven track record of delivering safe projects on schedule and within budget.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Building Codes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- 2 years of experience in gas preferred
- 3 – 5 years residential electrical experience
- Familiarity with electrical codes and calculations
- Good driving record
- Great customer service skills
- Your own tools (the basic electrical set)
- Desire to work hard and make good money!
The above statements reflect a general description of the major functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the classifications.
What Clinton Electric offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Culture & Values – At Clinton Electric our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities