Lab Coordinator MIA
Clinical Research of South Florida Miami, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Lab Coordinator assists all team members of the research team participating in clinical research. This position is responsible for study support activities to ensure all instances pertaining to lab are completed accurately, according to the protocol, and on time. This position will process lab samples as per protocol specifications, ship lab samples as per protocol timelines.
To consistently embody AMR’s Core Values:
- Excellence and Consistency
- Collaborative Innovation
- Respect for our Subjects, Sponsors and Team Members
- Unimpeachable Ethics
The Lab Coordinator reports to the Site Manager or General Manager.
- Draw blood and obtain specimens from volunteers according to established procedures.
- Process and package lab specimens for shipment to central labs according to lab’s instructions.
- Perform preliminary study visit activities with subjects according to protocol upon their arrival at clinic.
- Measure vital signs on subject
- Perform EKGs on subjects
- Assist in completion of study forms as necessary, accurately and completely.
- Unpack and put away lab supplies and study materials as received from sponsors. Break down when study is over.
- Inform Coordinator when subject is in room and ready to be seen.
- Transfer EKG’s to different companies and assure they are readable.
- Contact subject for repeat labs if necessary, document phone conversation, time, and date in subject book, as applicable.
- Remove all subject identifying documents whether paper documents, lab documents, EKG’s.
- Clean and sanitize all subject rooms, lab, and phlebotomy area daily.
- Restock subject bathrooms and exam rooms as needed.
- Assist doctor(s) with procedures when needed.
- Assist coordinators with clinical study activities in a timely manner as necessary.
- Maintain logs for refrigerator, freezer, pregnancy, cleaning, drug storage room and scales.
- Maintain a safe work environment making sure all OSHA standards are met.
- Maintain all clinical supply inventories to ensure no shortages.
- Cross train in research assistant duties to serve as a backup.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Phlebotomy experience required
- Bilingual – English and Spanish, required.
- Graduate of a professional school or college preferred
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment where processes change and improve continually.
- Able to function independently without constant supervision and adapt to change.
- Positive attitude and the ability and desire to work in a company that embraces collaboration and a team approach.
- Professional and highly motivated “self-starter” with the ability to exercise initiative.
- Excellent task management and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to successfully build and cultivate excellent long-term relationships
- Excellent follow up
Alliance of Multispecialty Research does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.