The Behavioral Health Practice Manager supports, communicates, implements, and enforces the philosophy, mission, values, standards, policies, and procedures of Access Ohio, the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health and the Behavioral Health Service Line:
· Participates in the recruitment, evaluation, hiring and retention of staff, with guidance from the Chief of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health.
· Provides direct clinical services, including assessment and interventions to patients presenting with mental/behavioral health concerns.
· Participates in leadership meetings, collaborates with the Medical Director and other members of the healthcare team to guide the mission and program development.
· Evaluates staff performance, to include written performance appraisals, verbal and written coaching, and takes disciplinary actions, as necessary
· Ensures appropriate orientation, training, competency, continuing education, professional growth and development.
· Develops, manages, and ensures adequate staffing is provided for all service lines of the department, in collaboration with the Medical Director.
· Oversees staff credentialing and re-credentialing processes, in cooperation with the medical
· Practices as a colleague with the medical team and other departments to initiate and support collaborative and cooperative clinical management practices.
· Contributes to the development of the staff through professional mentorship, identification of learning needs and continuing education opportunities.
· Participates in collection, analysis and use of data for quality and process improvement
· Provides leadership and clinical management through clinical practice, delegation and teaching.
· Continues professional self-development and education; maintains professional competencies by attending educational and leadership programs; participation and leadership in professional organizations.
· Special projects and initiatives as determined by the Medical Director.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio required.
· Master’s Degree in Nursing required.
· Successful credentialing through the appropriate MSOs required.
· Licensed as an APRN required. 5. ANCC certification as a PMHNP
· Minimum of five years of experience as an RN practice manager, preferably in behavioral and/or mental health practice.
· Supervisory skills required to develop, plan, assign, and evaluate the work of subordinate staff.
· Analytical skills required to oversee and organize the work of others, and to develop and administer sound policies, procedures and multidisciplinary practices.
· High level of initiative, self-direction, and accountability for actions required.
· Exceptional customer service, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal relationship skills required for interaction with contacts is required.
· Strong leadership and decision-making skills required.
· Skill in promoting multidisciplinary collaboration; ability to act as a facilitator and change agent required.
· Strong organizational skills required