The Biomed Equipment Tech (BMET) experienced level I or II works primarily hospital to provide cost-effective maintenance on company and customer-owned medical equipment to assure it is functioning properly and meets customers' needs. They perform operational verification, preventive maintenance and corrective repair service. The technician will complete all associated documentation and communication in a timely manner to keep our customers informed. At this level they also provide technical training to other employees in areas such as equipment operation, check-out procedures, preventive maintenance, repair, quality management and/or International Organization for Standardization practices, procedures and documentation.
- Prior work experience in hospital setting and with customer service
- Basic understanding of industry regulatory 'requirements and standards
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Equipment Technology or equivalent military training
- Valid driver's license
- Proficiency in completing preventive maintenance and repairs on wide range of general equipment or demonstrates competency within a specialized equipment area such as anesthesia, imaging, network-smart technology, respiratory or sterilizers
- Experience with the setup and application of test equipment (electrical safety analyzer, digital multi-meter, patient simulator, etc.).
- Able to read, analyze and interpret technical literature, schematics and technical drawings.
- Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
- Excellent customer communication skills that project confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
- Ability to lift and/or push 75 pounds and stand and walk for long periods of time
- Able to either relocate or willing to commute.
- If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org