Medical Billing Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $19 Hourly
- Benefits: medical,
We are seeking a Medical Billing Specialist to join our team.
- Obtaining referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures.
- Checking eligibility and benefits verification for treatments, hospitalizations, and procedures.
- Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness, and obtaining any missing information.
- Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle time frame.
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount.
- Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Identifying and billing secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Reviewing accounts for insurance of patient follow-up.
- Researching and appealing denied claims.
- Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Setting up patient payment plans and work collection accounts.
- Updating billing software with rate changes.
- Updating cash spreadsheets, and running collection reports.
- Previous experience in the Medical Billing field is preferred
Clinical Cardiology Consultants, S.C.
Established Cardiology Practice since 1979
675 W North AveDes Plaines, IL
HealthcareView all jobs at Clinical Cardiology Consultants, S.C.