Primary Care Licensed Therapist - LCSW/LMFT, FHC
- $85,000 Yearly
Clinica Sierra Vista is excited to be one of the largest Federally Qualified Health Centers in the Nation! We’re honored to serve the men and women of the fields. We also offer care and support to the inner city, the rural and isolated, those of low, moderate, and fixed incomes, and families from an array of cultural backgrounds who speak several languages. We don’t inquire about immigration status because we simply don’t need to know. If you come to us, we will treat you like any other patient.
As we grow our team, we are looking for individuals who believe the patient is always #1.
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay which matches your abilities and experience
- Health coverage for you and your family
- Generous number of vacation days per year
- A robust wellness plan and health club discounts
- Continuing education assistance to grow and further your talents
- 403(B) plan with company matching
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Please review the job details below and then click “apply.”
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Primary Care Licensed Therapist who:
The Primary Care Licensed Therapist works in the integrated or collaborative care model within a Community Health Center and is an advanced psychotherapy position. The therapist in this setting provides care to patients with Mild to Moderate behavioral health, substance use disorder and co-occurring treatment needs. This person provides warm hand-off consultations with primary care providers (PCP) and health center patients; develops treatment plans with the patient and medical team; delivers brief psychotherapy and psychoeducation interventions; provides assessments to appropriately identify and coordinate client’s care; coordinates psychiatric and medical services with the patient’s overall treatment plan; and meets minimum productivity standards of the agency.
- Must hold a valid license as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT), or a Licensed Clinical Psychologist.
- Four years or more of psychotherapy experience, working with adults and families.
- Must be familiar with brief therapy models and demonstrate a basic understanding of the relationship between physical and mental wellbeing, including the risks and effects of substance use.
- Must be able to work independently and manage time and cases effectively as well as turn in paperwork by deadlines.
- Candidates must be culturally competent and demonstrate ability to engage with patients of the community health center.
- This position is required to learn and comply with Agency policies, procedures and ethical standards, HIPAA laws and guidelines, and the Professional Code of Ethics of the BBS of the State of California.
- Must be able to collaborate with Agency staff, other organizations or contacts; attend regular meetings and to articulate brief psychotherapy concepts for the cross learning benefit of the integrated team.
- Candidates must be computer literate and have excellent verbal and written clinical skills.
- Must have a current California Driver’s License and reliable access to an automobile with liability insurance.
- Prior to employment clearance by the Department of Justice and a TB test will be required.
Other Experience and Skills Required:
- Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team approach with both paraprofessionals and professionals.
- Ability to maintain client dignity and confidentiality.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) may be required for some positions.
- Familiarity with community resources desirable.
- Good writing and verbal skills are essential.
- Familiar with and able to practice consistent with Recovery principles in mental health care.
- Familiar with and able to practice consistent with the treatment of Co-Occurring Disorders
- Performs other job-related duties as required. Please see attachment for full job description
- Valid Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) Licensure as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed with the California Board of Psychology
- 3-4 years of working in community mental health or in an integrated behavioral health program is preferred
- Must adhere to Clinica Sierra Vista’s employee health/immunization requirements or provide a valid exemption request for subsequent approval.
Clinica Sierra Vista values human rights, goodwill, respect, inclusivity, equality, and recognizes that the organization derives its strength from a rich diversity of thoughts, ideas, and contributions. As leaders in healthcare industry, we aspire to be an employer of choice by promoting an organizational culture that reflects these core values. We seek to attract, develop, and retain a talented and dedicated workforce where people of diverse races, genders, religions, cultures, political affiliations and lifestyles thrive. Our goal is to create a welcoming and inclusive environment that empowers our employees to provide the highest level of service to our community of residents and businesses; they’re counting on us.
Clinica Sierra Vista is an equal opportunity employer and strives to attract qualified applicants from all walks of life without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state and/or local law. We aim to create an environment that celebrates and embraces the diversity of our workforce. We welcome you to join our team!
Clinica Sierra VistaBakersfield, CA
HealthcareView All Clinica Sierra Vista Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.