Degreed Nutritionist (DIETETIC INTERNSHIP ELIGIBLE)
- Posted: over a month ago
The Degreed Nutritionist is a member of the nutrition education team. The Nutritionist assesses moderate to high-risk clients, develops their individualized nutrition care plans, provides nutrition counseling and may assist the Dietitian Supervisor or Nutritionist Supervisor with managing a site. The Nutritionist works under the leadership of the Dietitian Supervisor or Nutritionist Supervisor. The Nutritionist will need to apply to the internship within the first three years of employment.
- Provide quality customer service to clients and team members with an attitude of helpfulness, dignity and respect.
- Provide counseling to WIC participants at moderate to high-risk level and document in WIC WISE (the WIC Integrated Statewide Database Information System).
- Develop and record an individualized nutrition care plan according to established protocol.
- Submit the required documentation and billing documents for reimbursement (for CPSP encounters) in EHR Electronic Health Record
- Conduct nutrition health education classes to participants, staff and the community as needed.
- Participate in community outreach and promotional activities.
- Assist the Dietitian Supervisor or Nutritionist Supervisor in managing the services of the site including auditing of staff files to assess WIC policy competency, conduct CPSP risk charting and staff training.
- Willingness to work at multiple sites as needed and help by phone.
- Provide education and support of breastfeeding and promote a breastfeeding friendly environment.
- Comply with established Clinica Sierra Vista and WIC policies.
- Maintain confidentiality and security at all times.
- Support the mission of Clinica Sierra Vista and the WIC program.
- Assist in certifying staff to WNA status, once WNA certification is obtained.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Nutrition with a GPA of 3.0 or above. DPD Verification Statement required. (Didactic Program in Dietetic Verification Statement)
- Leadership/volunteer experience and involvement in extracurricular activities related to nutrition and dietetics.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft office and Word processing applications.
- Valid CA driver’s license and current auto insurance.
- Member of American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Detailed oriented.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks well.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- Ability to follow directions, learn new skills and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in changing environment.
- Bilingual ability (English/Spanish) desirable.
- Experience or desire to work with low-income and vulnerable families/individuals.
- Must adhere to Clinica Sierra Vista’s employee health/immunization requirements or provide a valid exemption request for subsequent approval.
Reaching Overhead 1%
Repetitive Motion 12%
Must be able to lift to 25lbs
Clinica Sierra Vista values human rights, goodwill, respect, inclusivity, equality, and recognizes that the organization derives its strength from a rich diversity of thoughts, ideas, and contributions. As leaders in healthcare industry, we aspire to be an employer of choice by promoting an organizational culture that reflects these core values. We seek to attract, develop, and retain a talented and dedicated workforce where people of diverse races, genders, religions, cultures, political affiliations and lifestyles thrive. Our goal is to create a welcoming and inclusive environment that empowers our employees to provide the highest level of service to our community of residents and businesses; they’re counting on us.
Clinica Sierra Vista is an equal opportunity employer and strives to attract qualified applicants from all walks of life without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state and/or local law. We aim to create an environment that celebrates and embraces the diversity of our workforce. We welcome you to join our team!
Clinica Sierra Vista
HealthcareView all jobs at Clinica Sierra Vista