Substance Use Disorder Quality Assurance Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Position Title: SUD Quality Assurance Specialist
Reports To: Program Director
Status: Full-Time - Union
Medical, Dental, Vision
403 B Retirement Plan; 2% employer match after one year of employment
Clinica Romero’s Quality Assurance Counselor will work under the Program Director’s supervision, maintain all program documentation, ensure all time lines are met, signatures are present and that all documentation required by county and state are completed/correct and on time. Is responsible for overall integrity and compliance of Counselor’s documentation charts (electronic/paper). Continually insures that we are in compliance on all levels with all state and county requirements as well as other funding sources.
- Evaluates adequacy of program documentation and insures all compliance issues are addressed and corrected as necessary
- Collect and compile statistical quality data
- Recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes
- Identify training needs and training interventions
- Enter all required information/data into our designated systems as directed by program director
- ASAM criteria is being implemented and met in regard to all SUD charts
- Sign in sheets are correct and accounted for and given to Program Director
- Ensure Treatment practices are being used and documented accordingly
- Ensure all required forms are being used and completed correctly for all funding sources
- Ensure billable services are accounted for and counselors goals are being met
- Assist with referral process to insure clients are in the correct level of care, make app. referrals as needed
- Justifications, program Extensions, discharge Summaries, treatment Plans, Progress notes, physical exams, follow ups, health screenings, assessments and all other required forms are present, on time and correct
- Ensure billing logs are completed and given to Program Director on the 5th each calendar month
- Attend community events/trainings or meetings when asked by program director
- Collaborates and consults with program director regarding quality control issues
- Facilitates any program offered group/class or workshop when coverage is needed
- Generates and collects relevant information
- Transport If necessary
- Provide Individual sessions
- Attend all county meetings that are relevant to the adult program meeting
- Meet with clients when levels of care need to be assessed
- Outreach to insure our program is meeting capacity
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned
- Train new Employees so that they can successfully comply with program standards
- Train Interns/Volunteers and Interns on Documentation
- Insure QI on all other funding sources
- All reporting/spread sheets are completed as asked by Program Director
- Ensure all Certifications/Licenses are current for all Programs related to SUD
- Responsible for client caseload when necessary
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in the field of Substance Use Disorder and addiction
- Must be highly motivated and demonstrate good communication skills
- Must have the ability to recruit new clients (adults and youth) to our agency.
- Must meet expected outcomes in terms of new clients attending as a result of your efforts in the community.
- Must meet goals and objectives given by Program Director.
- Must have an understanding of the 12 Core Functions
- Must have the ability to write individual and group progress notes/treatment plans/ needed documentation that meet county standard
- Must have experience in group facilitation.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the recovery process, which includes the twelve step program(s).
- Must have experience case managing/counseling clients in recovery.
- Must have experience in observed drug testing of clients.
- Registered or Certified Substance Abuse/ Addiction Counselor
- Working towards completion of required internship hours
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish is preferred but not required
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance is required
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working with Drug Medi-Cal clients (Adult and Youth) a plus.
- Understanding of Drug Medi-Cal requirements/process a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation, as this position requires you to travel
- Must provide proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations including recommended doses in the primary series AND booster dose when eligible.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Clinica Romero
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?