40 hours, 10am-7pm (flexible) Monday-Friday (may include some Saturdays)
Medical and Dental (at no cost to you)
Sick Leave (10 days per year)
403 B Retirement Plan; 2% employer match after one year of employment
Substance Use Disorder Case Counselor will develop strong partnerships within the community, thus promoting Substance Use Disorder Program of Clinica Romero. Counselor provides outreach to the community, assists individuals in recovery, and builds Clinica Romero’s patient base of the department. Counselor is also to effectively counsel agency clients to encourage Drug/Alcohol-free lifestyles, develop sober life skills and successfully meet treatment plan goals, while documenting all client progress.
- Provide assessments, interventions, and individual sessions.
- Facilitate groups for clients experiencing chemical abuse or chemical dependency. Maintain case history and progress notes while observing their clients.
- Counsel individuals or groups and implements therapeutic treatment plans to resolve addictions to drugs or alcohol.
- Assist with providing data needed for monthly reporting to Program Director, Insure clients are attending program as required.
- Typical three (1) year’s experience in the field of addiction.
- Responsible for developing strong relationships within the community which will result in leads to the clinic.
- Ability to engage the community and have them refer Clinica Romero as their program of choice
- Counsel both youths and adults that have substance abuse problems.
- Responsible for a case load and providing their clients with quality service
- Direct individual sessions and administer crisis intervention / case management
- Facilitate and prepare groups sessions on various topics relating to recovery
- Complete all necessary documentation in a timely manner. This includes reports, progress notes, discharge summaries, treatment plans, aftercare plans and all other required documentation.
- And other assigned duties
- Skills/Specialties include Case Management, Counseling, and Ability to Outreach. Certifications include Certified Addiction Counselor, Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor CCAPP. OR Registered.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in the field of addiction
- Must be highly motivated and demonstrate good communication skills
- Must be able to deliver strong, high energy outreach to the community.
- Must have the ability to recruit new clients (adults and youth) to our agency.
- Must meet expected outcomes in terms of new clients attending as a result of your efforts in the community.
- Must meet goals and objectives given by Program Director.
- Must have an understanding of the 12 Core Functions
- Must have the ability to write individual and group progress notes/treatment plans that meet county standard
- Must have experience in group facilitation.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the recovery process, which includes the twelve step program(s).
- Must have experience case managing/counseling clients in recovery.
- Must have experience in observed drug testing of clients.
- Minimum 1 year’s experience in the Drug & Alcohol field.
- Proof of certification/registration
- Completion of required Internship hours
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance is required
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office 2000 and Excel.
- Experience working with Drug Medi-Cal clients (Adult and Youth) a plus.
- Understanding of Drug Medi-Cal requirements/process a plus