Senior Software Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are
Climb Credit (NMLS# 1240013) is an innovative student financing and payments platform that makes career-advancing education more accessible, affordable, and accountable than ever before.
Climb identifies programs and schools with a demonstrated ability to improve the earnings of their graduates. Climb partners with schools that teach everything from cybersecurity to healthcare, heavy machine operation to data science, and culinary arts to coding.
We provide learners with financing and payment options that are priced and structured to meet the unique needs of those seeking career elevation and increased earning power.
Climb Credit’s mission is to expand access to career advancing education and we aim to do this for all communities. Therefore, we are committed to building a workforce that’s a representation of our learners. Climb fosters an inclusive work environment to all its employees; We celebrate diverse representation and diverse thinking.
To further this commitment, we’ve set a goal to promote inclusivity and equity in our workplace internally and with schools and financing providers externally. We do this through our company DEI Taskforce meetings to work through these initiatives. Climb acknowledges its power in providing access to educational opportunities and the positive impact of diversity, which is why we have taken on this commitment to push forward this work. We encourage our employees to be their most authentic selves and strive to create, nurture and sustain an inclusive culture for our employees and learners.
- Drive access and inclusivity
- Build a better system
- Own the solution
- Iterate and experiment
- Succeed together
Overview of Role
We are looking for a promising software engineer who is excited to join a fast-growing startup in a senior-level role. The ideal candidate will have a strong computer science background and a proven track record of leading development on scalable, reliable products that deliver real value to users. Being mission-driven and focused on problem-solving is more valued than
knowing a specific language or tech stack.
As part of the Engineering team, you will:
- Develop web-based applications used to underwrite loans and provide functionality to support and inform students and school officials using the MEAN and MERN stacks.
- Build creative and technically robust solutions to the product challenges we face.
- Participate in - and drive - architectural decisions concerning the software and how it will be moved from design process to incremental releases.
- Build and maintain strategies to automate performance, regression, and unit testing of the software.
- Collaborate intimately with internal teams and mentor junior engineers. We expect you to contribute and make us all better!
Your Background and Skills\
- 4-6 years of fullstack engineering experience
- A proven track record of leading development on scalable, reliable products that deliver real value to users
- Experience as a software developer to build products for web and backend
- Experience in fintech, finance, or financial services industry preferred
- Familiarity with database, MVC, and asynchronous programming techniques
- Willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies, while still building a codebase that will be robust and sustainable for the long haul
- Ability to think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of the software
- Excited to learn and understand business objectives, and help ensure that our products deliver value to students and schools
- Values diverse, inclusive teams and creating an environment where people of all identities, experiences, and backgrounds can thrive
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and fluid small-team environment at a growing company
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional, detail-oriented, and energetic personality
Our Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- Company equity
- Annual education stipend
- Work from Home stipend
- Health benefits (coverage for medical, dental, and vision costs, life insurance, and more)
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work
- "Light Meeting Fridays" year-round
- "Summer Friday" afternoons off
- Paid parental leave
- In-person and virtual team events
- Monthly DoorDash Wednesdays
- 401k with company match
Read about us in the news, check out our company values, and find us on Comparably.
Climb Credit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?