Climate Pros Honolulu, HI
- Expired: October 20, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Purchaser position is a key resource for facilitating the effective ordering of products and services and for ensuring that supply commitments and business needs are met. They will support a variety of employees within the organization. This role will help to clarify needs, evaluate and assist with determining suppliers, generate and place orders, and manage ongoing supplier interactions.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced department and be able to prioritize order requests.
- Know construction order shorthand and abbreviations to be able to procure correct materials.
- Learn to evaluate material orders content, application, and determine if there are any missing or incorrect components needs.
- Compare materials and components on cost, quality, specifications, availability, and lead time with vendors and manufacturers.
- Learn all active and potential vendor locations in a 50 mile radius of all construction jobsites.
- Electronically document all materials purchases for various construction trades.
- Monitor and maintain construction material inventory thresholds, turns, and back orders.
- Arranging vendor deliveries of construction materials to jobsites on a JIT or same day basis.
- Rent construction equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts, cranes, generators, welder, jobsite storage containers, trailers, dumpsters and coordinate jobsite deliveries with vendors.
- Supply vendors with jobsite addresses and contacts at time or order placement to facilitate deliveries.
- Schedule end of jobsite pickups consisting of tools, rented equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Actively communicate with the entire construction department until projects are completed and turned over.
- Accuracy and follow through are a must.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to generate reports and summaries from raw data
- Mature judgment and strong organizational skills
- Use of analytical abilities to problem solve and anticipate departmental requirements
- Minimum of one year clerical, audit, secretarial, purchasing or inventory control experience or comparable time in college, trade or business school
- Possess a strong proficiency for computers, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with ERP systems, SAP a plus.
- Associate Degree
- Purchasing: 3 years
Regularly required to sit; occasionally required to stand; walk; occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds; noise level is usually quiet.
BusinessView all jobs at Climate Pros