The Purchaser will source parts on-demand and with a quick turnaround. You'll work closely with our Service and Accounts team to secure parts needed to repair refrigeration units in our customer retailers. You will manage the purchase and status of materials or services from approved and preferred suppliers; verify receipt of items; be responsive to client needs and work as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment with flexibility and initiative.
Location & Hours: You can work entirely remotely or in our Honolulu office or a combination. Preference is given to those who reside in the state of Hawaii. Hours are regular business hours Hawaii time, Monday through Friday. If you reside in the continental US, you will work Hawaii hours.
- Search available products to find the best combination of quality, price, and delivery.
- Issue purchase orders to suppliers, distributors, manufactures and subcontractors.
- Ensure that orders are placed timely and accurately.
- Work closely with relevant departments to ensure products purchased are correct and damage free.
- Monitor parts status and verify delivery.
- Maintain professional relationship with all key suppliers and vendors.
- Performs work with awareness of process improvement and will notify operations leaders of any potential or existing issues.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a business-related field
- 2 years' experience in purchasing or inventory control experience, ideally in refrigeration and/or HVAC industries
- Able to respond quickly to requests and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and in writing.
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Strong organizational and solid problem-solving skills.
- Possess a strong proficiency for computers, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with ERP systems, SAP a plus.
Regularly required to sit; occasionally required to stand; walk; occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds; noise level is usually quiet.