High end furniture showroom located at the New York Design Center seeks an experienced Production Manager to oversee design, production/fulfillment, and client satisfaction efforts.
Working closely with our lead designer and aided by our administrative assistant, this person will lead our PM department and be a key member of our management team, reporting directly to the President. S/he will be tasked with the correct processing of all orders as well as with the development of the company’s signature furniture collections.
The applicant must have meaningful experience in furniture design/engineering, a high attention to detail, and strong leadership and communication skills. Sketching/drafting skills and CAD proficiency are required. Preference given to candidates with business/entrepreneurial experience.
- Ensure the correct and timely processing of all client orders (engineering, manufacturing and delivery/installation for custom/signature pieces, fulfillment and delivery for standard/curated pieces); specifically:
- Review sales orders and send related purchase orders to factories, noting due dates to clients
- Review order acknowledgments and monitor production progress; report to sales reps in weekly PM meetings
- Review technical drawings for accuracy and get factory and client’s approval of designs
- Oversee site measurements and installation of custom furniture as needed
- Conduct physical inspections of factories and furniture whenever possible
- Coordinate freight forwarders, warehouses, and local delivery companies to ensure orders are handled properly and delivered on time
- Liaise with bookkeeping department to ensure key vendors are paid and clients pay on time
- Monitor and report on gross margins per job
- Drive the continuous development of our signature furniture collection (product development, engineering, pricing, prototyping); specifically:
- Define goals and schedule for design department
- Research new vendors and pricing options for our signature collection
- Present new designs to stakeholders on regular basis and oversee revisions as necessary
- Lead our response efforts when clients report defects or other problems; specifically:
- Communicate with the client to understand nature of problem
- Review solutions with vendors and decide on best course of action
- Coordinate service providers to correct mistakes/damages as quickly as possible
- Process claims/charge backs against vendors as appropriate