Cleared Systems Engineer (TS required)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We're working with a well established data analytics software company to find a Systems Engineer for their Chantilly, VA offices. This is a full time position with outstanding compensation and excellent benefts including company paid health insurance. This is a hybrid role and at least two days per week in the office will be required. Active Top Secret Clearance is required.
Cleared Systems Engineer
Position Summary: This position involves a variety of activities that help drive customer success through their use of the company's products and solutions. The position is responsible for managing the Requirements and Solutions process for the Chantilly office and facilitate the delivery of solutions to our customers. The role works with the company's Product Management, Project Managers, Engineering, Configuration Management, and multiple functions across the global organization.
· Manage, verify and prioritize requirements; capture detailed descriptions of system capability and functionality; and ensure the project team has clear, consistent, and testable requirements documented in test plans, test procedures, and completion criteria
· Review and harden requirements with customer representatives; track requirements through the development lifecycle.
· Support Project/Program Managers with requirements disposition, especially when an explicit requirement cannot be met as specified, to revise the requirement with the customer.
· Reconcile conflicts; decompose high-level information into the appropriate level of detail for team members; and participate in peer reviews of requirements documentation.
· Collaborate with software development and engineering, test, and management team members; adhere to project schedules and milestones; and provide status updates to management.
· Coordinate with Development and Engineering teams to align priorities with business needs and customer requirements; ensure requirements meet industry standards.
· Act as Product/Solutions Owner for US-Sensitive Development and Engineering efforts; create and review requirement specifications, user stories, acceptance criteria; deliver customer demonstrations.
· Provide mentorship to customers on APIs, data enrichment and near-term product roadmap solutions with the goal of increasing the value of the product in the eyes of the customer; develop a thorough understanding of the product’s API capabilities and data model in order to navigate operational conversations with relevant technical understanding.
· Participate in Project Management and Operations team meetings when appropriate to understand and facilitate the customer requirements develop process.
· Design, document and manage System Acceptance Testing processes and procedures; perform FATs and SATs for system acceptance when necessary to fulfil contractual or internal business objectives.
· Consult on areas of product knowledge when subject matter expertise is needed by other departments.
Knowledge and Skills
To perform these activities requires constant learning and communication with most of the company's departments, including Engineering, Product Management, Project Management and Technical Support.
Examples of activities include the following:
· Maintain product knowledge and skill for currently released products
· Keep up-to-date with upcoming fixes, features, products, and solutions.
· Maintain a good understanding of current processes for working with various teams (Engineering, Product Management, Tech Support, etc.)
· Provide feedback and support aimed at improving cross-functional processes
· Maintain general knowledge of all customers
· Maintain specific knowledge across customer’s the company’s touchpoints for assigned customers
· Maintain Industry knowledge
· Keep up-to-date on various competitors as it pertains to working with existing customers, as well as potential and new customers; know and implement best-practices.
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
· Ability to work on a team and independently when necessary
· Possess both an understanding of real-world mission/business objectives and a working grasp of software development
· Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline ( OR four years of equivalent professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree) and a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a business analyst on iterative software development projects
· Experience translating business requirements into user stories, use cases and technical requirements
· Experience in Agile methodologies and tools
· Knowledge and understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
· Strong skills with MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Project, Visio)
· Must be a US Citizen with an Active/Current Top Secret/SCI clearance
TechnologyView all jobs at Clientmind, Inc.