My client, ZAG Technical Services, Inc. (ZAG), is an award-winning IT consulting firm specializing in network infrastructure, security, disaster recovery, virtualization, cloud computing services, and remote access. We serve SMB and enterprise businesses throughout the Northwest, consistently delivering solutions designed with the business needs in mind, deploying according to best practices and managed in a way to ensure our clients stay productive. What sets ZAG apart is our mission to enable our client's success. They do this by living our core set of values: Integrity Foremost, Client Centered, Accountable Always, Teamwork Throughout, Exceptional is the Goal.
They are looking for a Systems Engineer II who will go above and beyond the general activities and apply all knowledge, skills and abilities to adhere to the company’s visions, values, and goals to be the top services provider. ZAG's engineers take pride in the work they perform daily and will work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. The work will include involvement in some of the most visible and challenging projects within Fortune 500 companies.
What you will do and bring to ZAG:
- Advanced knowledge of performance tuning techniques to ensure maximum performance
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, WINS
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 8, 10, OS and associated MS Office Suite and Adobe Products
- Working experience with Disaster Recovery planning, implementation and testing
- Shows leadership in achieving results, especially when problems or projects have unexpected delays or issues and can keep stress levels down across team
- Demonstrates creativity and ingenuity in new and better ways to implement, maintain and/or support customers’ environments.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manager, both written and verbal; Shows active listening, customer-care, and patience
- Technical diagnosis skills in complex and diverse technical environments; Strong understanding of support tools and techniques to get to root cause determination and plan and implement the appropriate solution
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Professional and positive attitude; likes to work in team environment
- Data protection focus; Security; understands need to always be thinking about protection of information
- Interest, excitement and ability to stay current with changing trends in the information technology
You also bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related Information Technology field, a plus
- MCSE, MCITP, and MCP, a big plus
- CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, VCP are all plus
- AT least 4+ years in various roles that demonstrate advanced knowledge of network engineering design, installation, and support
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 2016/2012/2008 server, Azure, O365, SharePoint, VMware ESX, Nimble, NetApp or other similar Storage Area Networks, Microsoft Terminal Servers / Remote Desktop Services, Citrix Xen solutions, Symantec Backup Exec, Barracuda, Datto or Veeam. Working knowledge of networking concerning configuration, troubleshooting regarding VLANS, Firewalls, Switches, and general Infrastructure
- Strong design capabilities regarding DR and ability to assess business continuity
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation
Their valued partners include Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, and Nimble Storage. Other platform knowledge will be taken into consideration based on alignment to ZAG’s technical offerings.
What ZAG has to offer you:
- Competitive compensation package including base plus incentive
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with strong matching program
- Regular company sponsored lunches
- Employee peer recognition awards
- Company sponsored scholarship program
If you want to be part of a team committed to organization excellence, strong values and a strong customer focus, we want to hear from you. Send your resume for immediate consideration.