Senior Software Developer- Security Products
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Growing Global Software Product company with Fortune 500 companies, and many Government Clients will not be affected by the current economic climate as it grows between 10-15% annually.
One of the top Computer networking and Cybersecurity software companies in the world.
The Security R & D organization seeks software engineers with excellent technical and communication skills to join its product engineering team. They recruit highly motivated creative thinkers who work in small teams with other talented software engineers, technical writers, and software quality assurance engineers into our high-energy, fast-paced environment.
This position will work closely with technical leaders, engineering management, product architects, and our threat intelligence team to design and build products. Frequent, straightforward, candid communication will be essential in this role, as course and direction may change quickly in response to the success of each product. The engineer will need to accept constructive criticism with grace and seek it out from other members of our architecture and senior engineer community.
● Design and write robust, well-documented, efficient software that can be maintained over time
● Design and write unit tests to cover primary use cases and fault scenarios
● Participate fully and respectfully in regular Scrums
● Update product and bug tracking systems regularly as tasks are completed
● Describe design decisions and technical approaches both verbally and in writing
● Document essential details for future reference on Engineering’s wiki
● Support other team members that may need help with tasks
● Bring innovative ideas and new approaches to solving problems to the team
● Explore new technologies applicable to network and systems security
● Contribute to staff development through regular presentations and occasional hands-on training
● Expert knowledge of the Linux/UNIX operating system
● Extensive experience developing Linux or other Unix-like systems
● Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in small teams
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Experience writing unit tests and automated functional tests
● BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
● Expertise with Python and C programming languages
● Expertise in building and integrating with APIs using asynchronous and synchronous methods
● Expertise in using database and storage technologies such as Redis, MongoDB, Postgres, and ElasticSearch
● Exposure and experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, GCE, etc.)
● Prior experience in a position focused on rapid prototyping
● Experience with big data technologies and algorithms
● Graduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a similar field
● Ten or more years of experience as a software developer
● Experience building high-speed networking devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention systems, or deep packet inspection (DPI) systems
● Uncanny ability to anticipate the next phase of a project and plan for it appropriately
● Experience using and integrating security system components
● Exposure and experience with enterprise security data sets and integration with standards like STIX/TAXII, Splunk, SIEM systems (QRadar, ArcSight), and Threat Intelligence systems (Anomali, ThreatConnect)
● Knowledge of orchestration systems like Ansible and Phantom
● Knowledge of build and CI/CD automation systems like Jenkins
● Extensive use of native AWS serverless technologies (Lambda, S3, SQS, Kinesis, SNS, Dynamo, etc.)
Base Salary - plus 10% Bonus and company stock!
Client of TER Consulting Group
AddressAnn Arbor, MI
Get fresh Government Software Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.