Our Global client is located NORTH OF BOSTON and has the approval to hire! You need a BS in Finance or a BSBA along with a minimum of 10 years experience in Sales Order Operations and experience with Finance management systems in a high technology environment. Must be highly proficient in Sales CRM tools (NetSuite or Salesforce.com) , Google docs, Excel, and technically savvy with other key sales applications. Looking for a Strategy Director that can lead a fast past Sales Operations team.
Besides an excellent base pay the client offers Excellent benefits and a bonus of 20% of the Annual Salary!!
• Responsible for the management of all facets of the day-to-day activities within the Sales Operations group inclusive of Organizational Planning and Strategy, Continuous process improvement, System Design and planning for Quote to Cash. Quote to Cash Review with specific focus placed on adhering to revenue recognition rules, revenue reconciliation and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and to ensure conformance to all policies and established practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
• Oversee daily activity performed by Sales Administrators to ensure timely and accurate entry of orders into order entry system within established timeframes.
• Develop, design and implement processes, procedures and reporting required as the result of the company’s position on achieving and maintenance Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and 606 Revenue Compliance.
• Review sales programs and non-standard orders to address and resolve revenue recognition issues in accordance with GAAP.
• Work with sales and/or customer to resolve issues that impact revenue to achieve a resolution acceptable to both the customer and the company
• Respond to non-routine questions from salespeople or customers on booking, pricing and revenue recognition policies and procedures.
• Work with Contract Administration to ensure that customer contracts appropriately protect the company from a financial perspective.
• Work closely with cross-functional groups within Finance to develop and implement processes and procedures to align the group with GAAP requirements as well as best practices.
• Generate reports and analyze financial data used for financial reporting.
• Act as liaison with Manufacturing for delivery dates and communicate to sales or customers as needed.
• Prepare periodic reports with respect to order tracking and status as required (monthly, quarterly, annually).
• Ensure accurate and timely retention and management of all department and customer related files.
• Ensure and maintain full responsibility for the integrity of the data within the database. Devise departmental metrics to measure the quality of data, orders entered and turnaround time for bookings. Monitor and provide corrective action on such activity as needed.
• Maximize efficiencies within the department, as well as cross-functionally, through continuous improvement methods and systemic approaches, while developing and implementing change to existing processes to improve the customer’s experience, quality and delivery performance.
• Develop, communicate and implement goals and action plans to achieve both departmental and corporate objectives.
• Establish, develop, implement, document and maintain all documents required for the department training manual, internal website and the ISO database. Manage the preparation of ISO related documents and requirements.
• Enhance current methods and develop new methods for training and motivating support staff in a high transaction environment.
• Assist in training newly hired Sales personnel as needed.
• B.S. in Finance or Business Administration.
• 10 + year’s prior experience in a Finance management position in a high technology environment.
• Prior experience working with technology offerings, and comfortable with a highly transactional and complex business.
• Solid understanding of rules of revenue recognition, purchase order terms and conditions, and general accounting principles is key to the success of this position.
• Ability to display a high energy level while, at the same time, responds to customer and employee needs quickly and timely.
• Strong communication (both oral and written) within all levels of the organization, relationship building, presentation, conflict resolution, project management, and business analysis skills.
• Proven ability to meet difficult deadlines, especially during peak, fast-paced period.
• This role requires attention to detail, intellectual acumen, business acumen, leadership skills, and gravitas in order to maintain standards for good business while also maintaining the respect and trust-based relationships required across the organization.
• Comfortable in being able to provide the team with clear priorities and ensuring focus against a sometimes-chaotic background of competing demands on the team.
• Must be highly proficient in Sales CRM tools (NetSuite or Salesforce.com a plus), Google docs, Excel, and technically savvy with other key sales applications
• Experience with technical sales is highly preferred
• Outcomes-oriented approach to sales and sales operations with corresponding experience managing key metrics for success
• Strong reporting and analytics, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
• Experience in systems integration required.
Base Salary plus 20% bonus