Client of CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) Eagle, ID
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is looking for a Controller who will have a broad range of responsibilities and play a key role in the development of our accounting and finance department. As part of our Finance Team, you will be a key member of a highly visible and dedicated service team in a rewarding and high-energy work environment. You will share responsibility for supporting Field Operations and Service Center personnel, accelerating their results to function at peak efficiency and work in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and internal controls.
About the Opportunity:
The Senior Controller is responsible for managing and driving accounting and related functions, including G/L and consolidation processes, cost analysis, revenue and A/R analysis, payroll support and financial reporting. The role includes collaborating with other Finance Team Leaders to support a robust internal control environment that ensures the Company’s compliance with all financial reporting and other regulatory obligations while promoting the Company’s culture and focus on “Life Changing Service”.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in monthly general ledger and consolidation functions, ensuring transactions are recorded accurately, timely and in conformity with professional accounting standards (i.e. GAAP) and best practices
- Analyze accounting treatment of transactions, including payroll, revenue, and expenses to ensure appropriate recognition, accuracy and completion
- Support the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual internal and external financial statements, including related disclosures, compliant with US GAAP accounting principles and SEC requirements
- Review transaction documentation, including customer and vendor contracts, in order to ensure appropriate accounting
- Partner with the company operators and leaders to determine economic and accounting implications for material business decisions
- Support quarterly financial reporting process, including assisting in drafting and reviewing of SEC documents, ensuring quality and adherence to requirements
- Establish, maintain, and ensure compliance with the Company’s accounting policies and procedures and an effective internal control environment that is SOX compliant, ensuring internal controls are maintained in such a way that the financial statements can be relied upon.
- Liaison with external auditing firms in supporting quarterly reviews and annual audit requests
- Contribute to the Company’s leadership teams to improve overall company performance
- Provide technical accounting expertise and updating the Audit Committee and Senior Leaders on changes to accounting rules and its impact on the business
- Provide leadership and development of personnel working in the accounting and finance functions.
- Support and occasionally participate in presentations to the Audit Committee, Board, and Senior Leaders
- Support the development of financial models, analytics, and projections, including and not limited to annual guidance and its updates.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Able to multitask, work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA), “Active” and in “Good Standing” status
· Minimum of 10 years of relevant accounting experience
· Broad range of financial accounting and management experience within industry, healthcare experience preferred
· Public accounting experience
- Experience with an ERP accounting system a strong plus
Client of CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA)Why Work Here?
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Client of CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA)