The HR Compensation and Benefits Manager will be responsible for managing the organization’s employee benefits programs as well as advise on compensation practices. In this role, the Manager will utilize their subject matter expertise to develop compensation and benefits strategies in alignment with the organization’s goals and objectives. The Compensation and Benefits Manager will also provide insights to assess the effectiveness and quality of compensation plans and programs. They will collaborate with the HR Director to deliver programs/services to leadership and team members that reflect the strategic business objective of the organization.
· Accountable for the management and administration of the organization’s employee benefits programs.
· Partners with Employee Benefits Brokers to develop benefit plan design for annual renewal.
· Ensures all benefit plans are in compliance with applicable laws, i.e. audits benefits plans for compliance with government regulations
· Prepares and submits all government-mandated benefit related reports
· Leads annual benefits renewal process and recommends go-forward approaches taking into consideration feedback from leadership, market research and cost analysis
· Facilitates annual renewal and enrollment process including preparation of employee communications and updating benefit enrollment information
· Develops new communication materials, strategies and project plans to enhance employees’ understanding of benefits offerings
· Provides hands-on benefits administration support in coordination with Senior HR Coordinator (including enrollment, terminations, invoice reconciliation, etc.)
· Facilitates all employee leaves (FMLA, PLOA, LOA, Workers Comp, etc.)
· Handles organization’s Unemployment process & managing related claims
· Coordinates 401k Committee and plan administration in partnership with third party retirement advisor.
Compensation Responsibilities include:
· Partners with leadership in the identification of a compensation philosophy.
· Ensures the organization offers market competitive base and incentive pay practices
· Ensure the organization is not losing top talent due to poor pay practices
· Acts as advisor to leadership on market data to help determine pay decisions
· Assists the HR Director on the development of a compensation program to include establishing salary grades with corresponding ranges, assigning positions to those grades, and developing a process by which individuals and position can move through the program.
· Aligns the compensation program with company strategies and monitors the program against industry/market trends.
· Determines the right resources for the organization to access valid market pay data whether that be selected surveys or a third party
· Develop and oversee the overall Human Resources Department’s metrics and KPI’s in collaboration with the HR Director.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Five years' Human Resources experience
- Benefits and compensation analysis and administration experience a plus
This organization is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Client of Blumshapiro